Football and Social Media | Vital Football

Football and Social Media

Platypus

Vital Football Hero
I'm no fan of either Lansbury or El Ghazi but for supposed Villa fans to abuse both to the point where they have to delete their Twitter accounts is frankly a fucking embarrassment to the club.

I'll merrily slate players on here in discussion with other supporters but to personally direct abuse at players off the pitch shows levels of dickheadery that I expect these people are real twats in real life.

Let's be honest it's not everyone, you'll have Villa fans who are 10 years old on twitter who haven't hit puberty and still have squeaky voices, and tell their mothers they want them to die because they won't allow them on the xbox after 9pm.

From what was reported yesterday a few fans said to El Ghazi he makes them sick, It's painful to watch and get out the club.

The club also warn players that social media can have a negative impact if they aren't performing, Fans get irate.

Come on when you go to Villa match have you not heard some of the abuse that gets screamed at players ? It's no different and it's not just a few.

No way am I condoning this behaviour, and definitely not directly aimed at the players, we all do it indirectly on here, Who's to say a player or two haven't logged on to the forum at some time, especially when they see VitalVilla posted on twitter, and a player decides to have a ganger at what the fans think.

Like I said it's not everyone, and we can't expect every fan to have a mature rational thought in the heat of the moment after being knocked out of the tournament, I've seen the verbal diarrhoea on here from time to time, (and after the Stoke match)

Every club have it's good and bad supporters, Social media is either amazing for players or shit, We know the kind of fans that are out there, and I suggest to any player who isn't performing to deactivate twitter at any club, it's the same problem across the board at other clubs and definitely effects their mental health.

As a player you get analysed every time you play, you have pundits on TV saying certain players aren't good enough that they need to sell, and what were they thinking, for example I know a lot of you like Simon Jordan but he came out on the national radio that's been reported everywhere in the papers that Mings is overrated, not good enough and isn't worth the 25m Aston Villa paid just a couple of days ago, what's Mings going to think of that ? will he ignore it, prove people wrong or get down about it.

You have to have thick skin as a player, you're getting paid ten's of thousands of pounds a week and if you let anything the media or a few fans say get to you you're going to find it tough.

Some real, nasty weirdos and trolls on Twitter that are so brave behind a keyboard and say things they would never, ever say to your face.

Both players deserve the criticism but anything else than constructive criticism is not worth reading.

So-called Villa fans on Twitter are as bad as any other teams and some of the bile they message is cringeworthy and that's being polite.

works both ways players post nonsense on twatter too and expect love in which they often get. Best to keep off it if you are remotely famous or face the trolls

Let's be honest it's not everyone, you'll have Villa fans who are 10 years old on twitter who haven't hit puberty and still have squeaky voices, and tell their mothers they want them to die because they won't allow them on the xbox after 9pm.

From what was reported yesterday a few fans said to El Ghazi he makes them sick, It's painful to watch and get out the club.

The club also warn players that social media can have a negative impact if they aren't performing, Fans get irate.

Come on when you go to Villa match have you not heard some of the abuse that gets screamed at players ? It's no different and it's not just a few.

No way am I condoning this behaviour, and definitely not directly aimed at the players, we all do it indirectly on here, Who's to say a player or two haven't logged on to the forum at some time, especially when they see VitalVilla posted on twitter, and a player decides to have a ganger at what the fans think.

Like I said it's not everyone, and we can't expect every fan to have a mature rational thought in the heat of the moment after being knocked out of the tournament, I've seen the verbal diarrhoea on here from time to time, (and after the Stoke match)

Every club have it's good and bad supporters, Social media is either amazing for players or shit, We know the kind of fans that are out there, and I suggest to any player who isn't performing to deactivate twitter at any club, it's the same problem across the board at other clubs and definitely effects their mental health.

As a player you get analysed every time you play, you have pundits on TV saying certain players aren't good enough that they need to sell, and what were they thinking, for example I know a lot of you like Simon Jordan but he came out on the national radio that's been reported everywhere in the papers that Mings is overrated, not good enough and isn't worth the 25m Aston Villa paid just a couple of days ago, what's Mings going to think of that ? will he ignore it, prove people wrong or get down about it.

You have to have thick skin as a player, you're getting paid ten's of thousands of pounds a week and if you let anything the media or a few fans say get to you you're going to find it tough.

I just don't have any sympathy for them and anyone taking a blind bit of notice of the masses of tards on Twitter and the like only have themselves to blame.

Moreover, for all we know, Ghazi was targeted by those with a vested interest in him moving on - the target club and/or agent sending a few quid to a click farm overseas to do the job for them - the majority of these social media accounts are fake, it's a simple fact and getting an army of meatpuppets (as they're known) to do your dirty work for you is easy and cheap.

I was surprised to see he got stick for the Stoke game as I'm his biggest critic but he appeared to at least work a bit - he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is but at least he appeared to have a go, that's all I ask.

As for Lansbury - well the club got raped (again) and he's obviously not interested in playing football but that's as much on the club as it is him - I'd give the club stick for that and point out that he's a waster in general forums etc but directly having a go at the player himself is kinda pointless IMO as if they gave a fook in the first place then they'd be showing it on the pitch already.

For me it's pretty much one bunch of children having a go at another bunch of children who get paid offensive amounts of money, funded by the other children, for doing virtually nothing - it's not a big surprise to see the kids paying the wages having a proper go where they can as it's not like the rich kids are giving their money back when they don't get close to actually earning anything - THAT is abuse ...

Last edited:
1601733523627.png

On the AVFC Twitter account this was the worst I think with AVFC confirming Jota's departure, and yet the fan got checked by other fans and apologised for it, Yet you've got hundreds of Bluenoses jumping all over that thread.

Any twitter page you will find the good, the bad and the ugly, On the page 98% Villa fans were positive towards Jota, So I wouldn't pay attention to half the media bs, of course they'll print the worst even if it's a very small minority.

Really gone off twitter. The level of blowing smoke up some players arses one minute, and hating them / abusing them the next. Not to mention all the other aggression from people over just about anything.

If I was a player, I'd not have one at all. Or just have a closed account for friends/fellow players.

They can turn off the comments, or have only select people comment on their tweets. Same as Instagram. I really don't know why they don't choose this option.

But I'm guessing it's because they can't get enough of the praise they get from fans after they have a half decent game, or smoke being blown up their arses as Fear said.

They literally have people calling them legends, gods and the 'goat' every time they tweet, so I'm sure they can take a few nasty comments too.

For me it's pretty much one bunch of children having a go at another bunch of children who get paid offensive amounts of money, funded by the other children, for doing virtually nothing - it's not a big surprise to see the kids paying the wages having a proper go where they can as it's not like the rich kids are giving their money back when they don't get close to actually earning anything - THAT is abuse ...

So it's OK then? Kids paying the wages is pure fantasy.

I just don't have any sympathy for them and anyone taking a blind bit of notice of the masses of tards on Twitter and the like only have themselves to blame.

Moreover, for all we know, Ghazi was targeted by those with a vested interest in him moving on - the target club and/or agent sending a few quid to a click farm overseas to do the job for them - the majority of these social media accounts are fake, it's a simple fact and getting an army of meatpuppets (as they're known) to do your dirty work for you is easy and cheap.

I was surprised to see he got stick for the Stoke game as I'm his biggest critic but he appeared to at least work a bit - he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is but at least he appeared to have a go, that's all I ask.

As for Lansbury - well the club got raped (again) and he's obviously not interested in playing football but that's as much on the club as it is him - I'd give the club stick for that and point out that he's a waster in general forums etc but directly having a go at the player himself is kinda pointless IMO as if they gave a fook in the first place then they'd be showing it on the pitch already.

Spot on Bonker.
If you are stupid enough to go on Twatter and expect to not get abused at some time or other then you are naive.
Doesnt make it right, just stay off it if it upsets you.

Really gone off twitter. The level of blowing smoke up some players arses one minute, and hating them / abusing them the next. Not to mention all the other aggression from people over just about anything.

If I was a player, I'd not have one at all. Or just have a closed account for friends/fellow players.
The problem is that the number of followers adds value to the player. I agree that it's just not worth it but even on here, some of the abuse for Westwood, Wesley, Taylor, Hourihane etc is wrong. It's always been the way with fans of most clubs, I remember David Geddis getting dogs abuse at the ground when he came on. So not a new phenomenon.

We don't need it on here either.

You have to look at it in the round guys IMO - there's a tweet up from the club at the minute quoting great looking stats for Hourihane but the vast majority of those nice looking stats came from the Championship, not the PL.

Anyone in any doubt that the club are pumping him cos he's about to be dropped, probably forever, from tomorrow? I'm not.

Social media is nothing but propaganda for the not very bright masses as demonstrated by the Brexit debacle and everyone is now in on it because when you're talking about the not very bright masses they generally swallow any amount of BS hook, line and sinker and just love being gas-lit.

As I've suggested, if you want influence, of whatever kind, then it's dead easy to get whatever you like posted from hundreds, if not thousands - Trump/Johnson et al - of "people" to further your objective.

Clubs, agents and anyone else with a vested financial interest are in on it (players too - want 10k "followers"? No problem mate - it's a grand) because it's seen to work until people wake up and see it for what it obviously is but most won't.

You can't get emotionally involved with any of it, it's a money-led circus meant to manipulate and nothing else.