Football and Covid | Page 3 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

Celtic's controversial trip to Dubai was "clearly... a mistake" and one for which they "profoundly apologise", says chief executive Peter Lawwell.

"This horrific pandemic has affected the whole of society. It's affected people here in Scotland, it's affected our supporters, it's affected our football and it's affected our club - probably our club more than any."

I dont think so !!!!

Sid does that statement not just sum up the sheer hypocrisy & how out of touch these clubs are. So insular and self centred it's beyond belief, no sorry not beyond belief just the norm for these f@ckers.

Sid does that statement not just sum up the sheer hypocrisy & how out of touch these clubs are. So insular and self centred it's beyond belief, no sorry not beyond belief just the norm for these f@ckers.
Arrogant doesn't even come close - what world do these big club people live in FFS

A joint statement from the @FA, @PremierLeague and
@EFL on enhanced COVID-19 measures.

#wafc 🔵⚪

What utter bollocks, even more 'enhanced' covid safety measures to be put in place. Why not just stop football altogether then there's no need for 'enhanced' safety measures.....guess not as that would hinder the £££££'s getting into your coffers. How many positive covid cases & deaths have to happen before the footballing authorities act or they gonna wait on perhaps the government telling them to stop????

Seems like there's not as many games being postponed due to COVID at the moment, certainly not L1, so not as certain as I was, that the season gets suspended, but I think if we get another weekend or 2 where there's about 10 games off, I can see it stopping, either for a month or so, or being cancelled. Agree with Walgarth though, for everyone, it's just rubbish at the moment, can't be enjoyable experience for anyone to be in a stadium on a matchday with about 300 people, no matter whether it's a massive, or tiny stadium....just musn't feel like football

Stop football now! Apart from the tragic daily death toll, the game is utterly tedious to watch with no spectators and therefore no atmosphere. Hearing the regular cursing on the pitch is also extremely unpleasant. But as already said, its all about money. It has nothing to do with keeping up the morale of the country by giving us all something to watch in our homes as it is an utterly boring spectacle.

Neil Lennon - oh dear. Is he using the same PR firm as Begbies?

He's def lost the plot.... blaming everyone bar him n his team, brilliant press conference by the man quote 'the whole squad is negative...bar two players, ..I think that's remarkable' unquote. Great PR there for Rangers btw.
Just shows tho the bubble these players live in...not an iota of reality or understanding of how the real world lives.

Fans are set to be banned from football stadiums unless they have received both vaccine doses, the Sunday Mirror reports. The paper says the government is finalising plans to force supporters to produce vaccine passports. The rules would apply to games in the Premier League down to League Two, the Mirror adds.

Fans are set to be banned from football stadiums unless they have received both vaccine doses, the Sunday Mirror reports. The paper says the government is finalising plans to force supporters to produce vaccine passports. The rules would apply to games in the Premier League down to League Two, the Mirror adds.

Not seen anything in the news about this LS.... you'd have thot that wud be headline news on sky sports...fairly difficult to administrate I'd have thot.

Not seen anything in the news about this LS.... you'd have thot that wud be headline news on sky sports...fairly difficult to administrate I'd have thot.
Already sent for my papper passport free online as a precaution

Already sent for my papper passport free online as a precaution

A paper one Bicky? Not sure if that's legit. As far as I'm aware, the only "official" one offered is the one through the NHS app (not the track and trace one).

How come this vaccine passport is suddenly being muted....no mention of it at all when we had full capacity Wimbledon, the Euros ( which didn't come home btw...sorry, couldn't resist 😉), Silverstone Grand prix & a sell out Festival of speed..

How come this vaccine passport is suddenly being muted....no mention of it at all when we had full capacity Wimbledon, the Euros ( which didn't come home btw...sorry, couldn't resist 😉), Silverstone Grand prix & a sell out Festival of speed..

Mooted, not muted (which ironically, is the opposite !) ......... sorry by the way.

Agreed. I reckon someone's getting a little nervous, and maybe wishes they could reverse their irreversible decision.

Maybe taking precautions before the Autumn/Winter. A good idea really. It's for crowds over 20,000. That's at one game and not the aggregate of four games so we will be exempt from it.