Football and Covid | Page 5 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

Is it discriminating? It's setting a condition ... one that most would (I think) consider a reasonable one.

As it happens. I'm playing Devil's Advocate also. ......but yes, vax is a choice. You choose not to get it ......for whatever reason.

Is it discriminating? It's setting a condition ... one that most would (I think) consider a reasonable one.

As it happens. I'm playing Devil's Advocate also. ......but yes, vax is a choice. You choose not to get it ......for whatever reason.
Tomato tomato tbh - lawyers will be rubbing hands together.
Shall we have passports for flu next ? That's contagious and kills thousands a year !

A little ironic that you are defending the gvt stance whilst I am in the labour camp on this one 😉

A little ironic that you are defending the gvt stance whilst I am in the labour camp on this one 😉

I haven't actually defended it. I'm simply pointing out that it's not discriminatory, and doesn't punish people in any way.

Just like needing a passport to go abroad.

The perceived requirement is for stadiums with a capacity over 20k
So DW with a capacity of 25k falls into it with likely crowds od 10-12k whilst the Liberty Swansea with a 20k capacity with likely crowds of 18-20k doesn't
It's the detail that's the devil 😉

The perceived requirement is for stadiums with a capacity over 20k
So DW with a capacity of 25k falls into it with likely crowds od 10-12k whilst the Liberty Swansea with a 20k capacity with likely crowds of 18-20k doesn't
It's the detail that's the devil 😉

I'd have thought it reasonably straightforward for the club to state that the capacity is reduced to below 25k, simply by covering up seats.

You're right though ..... they'll screw up the rules.

I haven't actually defended it. I'm simply pointing out that it's not discriminatory, and doesn't punish people in any way.

Just like needing a passport to go abroad.
You simply can't have it both ways - it is by definition discriminatory against people making a lifestyle choice.
I absolutely don't subscribe to it but respect the view of those who don't wish to put a vaccine into their bodies.
Shall we ban smokers, drinkers and overweight people next - combined what's the death toll from that a year ?

I'd have thought it reasonably straightforward for the club to state that the capacity is reduced to below 25k, simply by covering up seats.

You're right though ..... they'll screw up the rules.
Or we could ask the council to "help" by repeating what they did at Springy 😉😂

You simply can't have it both ways - it is by definition discriminatory against people making a lifestyle choice.
I absolutely don't subscribe to it but respect the view of those who don't wish to put a vaccine into their bodies.
Shall we ban smokers, drinkers and overweight people next - combined what's the death toll from that a year ?

Erm .....
- smokers have been banned from smoking inside the stadium.
- drinkers are not allowed (at football) to take drinks to their seats

Is it discriminatory prohibiting people to drive until they've demonstrated their ability to do so?

Erm .....
- smokers have been banned from smoking inside the stadium.
- drinkers are not allowed (at football) to take drinks to their seats

Is it discriminatory prohibiting people to drive until they've demonstrated their ability to do so?
Erm,
Smokers can go outside at h/t
Drinkers can crack on in the stadium
Pies are freely available in all areas
Driving test is not a lifestyle choice

Erm,
Smokers can go outside at h/t
Drinkers can crack on in the stadium

.....so you agree with my points.

Of course a driving test is a lifestyle choice. My eldest was about 23 before he decided he needed to drive a car.

Of course a driving test is a lifestyle choice. My eldest was about 23 before he decided he needed to drive a car.
I do not.
Would you support denying entry based on sexual orientation or identification basis ?
If not you shouldn't support denying entry based on a medical treatment choice.

It's an ability based option not a lifestyle choice and not relevant to this debate !

I do not.
Would you support denying entry based on sexual orientation or identification basis ?
If not you shouldn't support denying entry based on a medical treatment choice.
Mate ..... I posted the state of play, and you responded with variations. Now, you bring up summat completely irrelevant - and no, of course I wouldn't.

Again, I'm not supporting the possible vaccine passport ....... just showing that it's not "discrimination". People can't affect the reason why they're discriminated against. That isn't the case here.

It's an ability based option not a lifestyle choice and not relevant to this debate !
Nowt to do with ability. People might be fully capable of driving, but aren't allowed to (legally, on public highways) unless they've taken - and passed - a test.

Let's park this - as usual we are not going to agree 😉
However let the record state that I stand with Keith, Lisa and the local Labour Party's current view on this one in opposing vaccine passports in any way shape or form (until the donkey mon changes his mind of course) 😂

Been watchin' Les Mis 25th Anniversary Concert during our chat. ....... finishing now........absolutely feckin brilliant.

Do you hear the people sing? ........ wait until Stoke on tuesday!
;)

I heard someone on TV yesterday liken covid passports to the restrictions placed upon travellers going on holiday a few years ago. There was a lot of opposition to searches being made at airports and it was claimed that it was a breach of civil liberty and yet today we all accept it as normal. His argument was that if and when they come in there will be a lot of opposition and outcry but this will disappear once they become a normality. I suppose you could say the same about the smoking ban and the ban on alcohol being consumed in public areas in some parts of the country.

The second point I would make is that somewhere down the line the insurance companies are going to have their say on this and put the premiums of the premises that allow non vaccinated customers in up, citing an increase in risk to staff and other members of the public.