Football and Covid | Page 22 | Vital Football

Football and Covid

No mate. Nothing wrong with my health mate. I had three good pensions. From past employers. Saw what happened to my old fella. When he was 66. Thought life’s to short. So talked it over with the family one night. Day after handed my notice. In. Bought a couple of property’s as well. To keep me busy

Fair enough pal....I could have done it as well years ago but just thought I'd more miles in the tank yet and not ready. Get what you mean regarding dads dying young though as mine was only 69.

We're all different though and right too.

I can remember your old fella. My dad lived till he. Was 80. But had one massive stroke at 66. Took all one side. Could Not do anything for himself. But that’s life mate. That also is a reason I went early.

Remember going your house on Lancy Road must be in the mid 60s. Them police Houses were knocked down 2 years ago and new uns built. Remember your dad too john.

Maybe that will become apparent, I don't know yet. Yesterday John said he had been done 7 years so would have made him 57 ish and done. So that has to be ill-health right...only john can answer that. I've never felt as fit and healthy so I need a purpose in life...I will find a project and go to the gym several times a week. It's not about money cos I don't need any extra It's just different.
I went part time at 58 and quit at 59.
Friend of ours (from Beech Hill, but living in Litchfield) was hit by a tree when out running, her life changing injuries made Mrs DATM and me review the work life balance.

Anyway it's all too late, as most on here are over 60 and now have to pay for their prescriptions.

Can't beat a bit of politics

I went part time at 58 and quit at 59.
Friend of ours (from Beech Hill, but living in Litchfield) was hit by a tree when out running, her life changing injuries made Mrs DATM and me review the work life balance.

Anyway it's all too late, as most on here are over 60 and now have to pay for their prescriptions.

Can't beat a bit of politics

If a tree overtook her whilst running then maybe running wasnt for her. ( there's humour everywhere )

Do you know which shop ?.... what's his name ?... I could have known him but there were thousands there so its a long shot.

No idea which shop sorry. I was only a wee nipper at the time, but just knew he worked there. He was an electrician by trade. It was around the 70's/very early 80's.

No idea which shop sorry. I was only a wee nipper at the time, but just knew he worked there. He was an electrician by trade. It was around the 70's/very early 80's.

My era owd lad in fact I was the time booking clerk for the Electric/Motor shop for 3 or 4 years. There was electricians all over the place though. Probably knew him and if I didn't I bet Cueball did.

The Super League has just announced that any side that calls off a game because of covid will be made to forfeit the match 48-0. Food for thought for the football authorities of a situation that is clearly being abused by clubs.

My era owd lad in fact I was the time booking clerk for the Electric/Motor shop for 3 or 4 years. There was electricians all over the place though. Probably knew him and if I didn't I bet Cueball did.
When I left Horwich Loco (took early redundancy before the place shut down) I was Chargehand Maintenance Electrician so no doubt would have had dealings with you, I think you may have been sat at the desk in the right hand corner but can't put a face to you. memory's not what it was unfortunately :hmmm:

When I left Horwich Loco (took early redundancy before the place shut down) I was Chargehand Maintenance Electrician so no doubt would have had dealings with you, I think you may have been sat at the desk in the right hand corner but can't put a face to you. memory's not what it was unfortunately :hmmm:

I was the good looking one with long long long hair about 50 years younger than any other bugger. I would have worked your bonus out for 3 or 4 years. If it was less than 100% then it was me and the charge hands that made that up. I told them how many minutes short and they miraculously came up with work tickets. That could have been you mate.

It was called "creative timekeeping" back in the day. Don't remember any good looking blokes in the Machine Shop office either :grinning:

Tommy Ainsworth
Sam Meadows
Alan Cowell
Francis Rushworth
Gérard Griffin
Jimmy Spencer
Chez Pietre
Vernon Williams
Bill Marsden
Keith Lancaster
Jimmy Webber

Only Keith and Vernon still alive yet.