Foden | Vital Football

Foden

If I was Fodinho and next August (and assuming he's fit) he's not in the starting XI for the Charidee Shild then I'd be looking at moving.

From the article above.....

"Busquets made his first-team debut at 21. Thiago made his at 18 but was made to wait until nine days before his 20th birthday for his first La Liga start. Foden, having only turned 19 in May, is already further ahead.

Therein lies an eye-opening statistic: Busquets had not played a single minute of senior football by the end of the season in which he turned 20; Thiago had played 1,118, starting 11 times; Foden – with eight months in hand – has more starts (14) and minutes (1,461) than both combined."

I am with you on this Kenny there have been occasions when DS21 has been on the bench and his replacement has not been PF47, it does not follow that Pep considers him good enough or he would play him
All Foden can do is when given a chance is to make the most of it, time will tell if he is good enough or not. I think he is from what I see in the Cup games.

From what little I saw of the England game last evening the midfield was crying out for his creativity

Hope he gets the #21 'jersey' - I know it comes with pressure but then someones' got to wear it plus in 10 years time it will become our iconic shirt/number in the same way as the barcodes revere the #9 and the rags/Liverpool ditto #7.

Hive mind - who has had the #21 i the past...?

Hope he gets the #21 'jersey' - I know it comes with pressure but then someones' got to wear it plus in 10 years time it will become our iconic shirt/number in the same way as the barcodes revere the #9 and the rags/Liverpool ditto #7.

Hive mind - who has had the #21 i the past...?

Lomas
Immel
Huckerby
Alioune Toure
Watterus
Hamann

I recall reading somewhere that Foden chose 47 in honour of his grandad who died at 47 years old.

Lomas
Immel
Huckerby
Alioune Toure
Watterus
Hamann

I recall reading somewhere that Foden chose 47 in honour of his grandad who died at 47 years old.

Cheers Bluedub - I did think of Hamann but not any others. Merlin didn't have a huge amount to live up to although Darren had his moments, might have had more had he looked up occasionally...