Foden shines for England U17s | Vital Football

Foden shines for England U17s

Skoorb

Alert Team
Phil Foden drew praise for his contributions to the England U17 win over Brazil which saw them through to the final of the U17 World Cup :001: :005:

A hat trick from Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster will take the headlines(& set him up as the next Messiah that will save the dippers) but ex-Blue Trevor Sinclair rated FodenKs performance just as highly.

“His balance, his ability to go either right or left is absolutely brilliant to see in a young player," former England winger Trevor Sinclair told BBC Sport.

(An earlier version of this had Sinclair putting Foden as his MotM.......but that quoteseems to have vanished. Make of that what you will)

Saturday's final also takes place at the 66,000-seater Salt Lake Stadium and I believe will be shown live on BBC 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41749649

Would this not be the perfect time to offload him?

His stock is pretty high at the moment and if we got £10m for Sancho then we could get even more for young Phil thus enabling us to bring in better players from abroad?

Hopefully he's the one to break the mould.

Just to note we've two others playing there, the keeper Curtis Anderson and Latibeaudiere is the captain who'll hopefully be lifting the trophy on Saturday

kennyclementstache - 27/10/2017 10:33

Would this not be the perfect time to offload him?

His stock is pretty high at the moment and if we got £10m for Sancho then we could get even more for young Phil thus enabling us to bring in better players from abroad?

That would be nice - although I am concerned he will just be the 'new' Steve Kinsey, but with less hair.

Beat me to it BD, my internet wheel mice are on a go slow.
I would love to see Phil in our first team in the not too distant.

Rising - 28/10/2017 17:22

Beat me to it BD, my internet wheel mice are on a go slow.
I would love to see Phil in our first team in the not too distant.

Here's hoping :026:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/phil-foden-who-is-englands-17-year-old-world-cup-hero/phu48rixtx151egq8b3nfgmsg
Hope this lad can jump up the quality gap, no reason why not as he is in the first team squad now.

I think you are right BD, Petrov used to do it and there is no need, but he needs regular football does Foden and a loan spell is the next thing unless the Boss uses him regularly

Any loan spell has to be at the right club.

Without the proper guidance and support loan deals can undermine everything that got the player the attention - this is why I think the connections with NYCFC (Maffeo was there for a year under Patrick Viera) and now Girona (where young Pablo is now) are so important.

At least he hasn't started kissing the badge.

Unusual prediction ahoy - I could see him being called up to the full England squad before he has made his first City start in the PL. Wasn't Walcott 17 and still at Southampton when he was first summoned to the cause?

^ I think he'd moved to Arsenal a few months before the call up, KCT.
By the way, appreciate your salemanship! :026:

I could see Foden being loaned to Girona. A relevant point made on Sunday Supplement yesterday was he needs to play in a similar system to City, rather than (pointed out visually by the journo Ladyman of the Mail) the ball flying from A to B 50 yards in the air.

In the meantime, I could also see Foden resuming his first team place on the bench, maybe challenging Yaya?
I think he got his spot at the start of the season as Gundogan was still unfit.