FO Guvnor's doings | Vital Football

FO Guvnor's doings

TGPL

Vital Reserves Team
Afternoon gents. I just wanted to let you know that this whole Guvnor business is even more bizarre than what it seems. I am the person the Guvnor tried to approach to become your new editor. Now I'm not a member of fansonline but I often read your comments on there and have done for several years. I am currently a member on another forum which is where the Guvnor sent Patchy to contact me.

He originally asked if I could become Board Captain, stating he had studied my profile during his uni course? Yeah I know, very odd. He stated that I would be ideal to the new admin via Patchy which I rejected as I don't want to run a board and am quite happy on the forum I currently comment on. He was very persistent and I rejected his approach 3 more times until he finally left me alone until I got another approach last night.

The message I was left stated that he was going to announce me as the new admin today unless I said no last night which of course I did. He's now dragged Patchy into this so far which is causing him grief too so try not to take it out on him. He still has this strange obsession over me running your board when I have no interest nor the knowledge to do such. My forum's moderator is aware of the situation also and is monitoring it carefully however I wished for you to know the truth behind this madness.

I would implore you to contact fansonline directly to make complaints about your current editor and what he is doing to your forum.

Thanks
TGPL

I have to say - this is all very odd and getting more strange by the hour.

I think writing to the Central Fans Online Admin could well be the way forward, to let them know what is happening. That said, in the short term, it is actually fairly entertaining to many on there (including me) during the close season when there's not much else to talk about. But if it continues the board will really go down hill.

Could I ask why you chose to post your side of the story on here and not on the GFO site? If it weren't for the level of paranoia already on that site i'd offer to forward your post on to the GFO site.

Out of interest, what other gills forum do you currently use? I didn't know there was another one?

I am a board member of not606 but I do not run it. It's a very well run site but it doesn't allow for swearing or abuse unlike other forums but it was set up when the old bbc 606 forum was closed down. I chose not to do it on GFO as I didn't want to create an account on there where the editor could gain access of my details. He has only ever been able to contact me via Patchy which is the way I wish for it to remain (well I would rather the Guvnor made no contact with me at all buy hey)

Assuming you've used your real details in signing up to this site, if you don't want him to know your name i'd take it off your profile as it's visable here, when you click on your user name:

http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/view-profile.asp?action=view&uid=135817

Out of interest - do you have any link to Kent Online?

I didn't know that was the case, thank you, I have updated accordingly.

I think I posted on some Kent Online articles a couple of years ago if that's what you're on about, but I swiftly stopped when the "Ron" character cropped up. The not606 forum is the only real one I use, and I only joined this one so other fansonline members such as yourself could hear what happened to me. I'm sure Patchy will be able to confirm everything I stated was the case and I'm not trolling, although I appreciate with everything going on recently it could easily be done.

Thanks.
TGPL :7:

I was only referring to the fact that you share the name of one of their correspondents. Patch had previously mentioned that the guvnor's chosen one was relatively well known or something like that so it may have made sense if that's who you were. Probably the only thing that would have made sense in this whole saga.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware there was another user with this name. I only picked it as its a shortened version from my not606 username which is The Gills PegLeg. In terms of being well known though I can only assume on that website as I don't comment on any others, well until this one. Hope that clarifies things although there's probably more questions than answers at the moment.

For anyone who has read this and think that I'm the Guvnor, I am not! I've been pestered by this bloke over the last few weeks trying to become an admin of a board I'm not even part of! Can you imagine how barmy and concerning it has been for me? All I've done is quietly go about posting on the not606 and somehow been dragged up in another forum's matters. I've only posted on here to confirm some of the madness Patchy70 has had to repeat back to other members and for them to even think I am DOX/ Guvnor is down right insulting.

TGPL - 14/6/2016 18:31
my not606 username which is The Gills PegLeg.

Blimey, replace one letter in the last word of that username with a 'd' and an almost certainly coincidental anagram becomes possible!

I wouldn't take it as an insult and I wouldn't rise to it really if the same accusations were leveled at me. I'm not sure I'd let it bother me. I think it's just the culture of trolls online these days leading to paranoia about who anybody is on these boards. The rivals board did used to have all sorts of multiple user names so it's come from there really.

P.s. no I was just referring to your first name that was stated in your profile not your acronym of your not606 name which I could also work out. Your first name is also the name of the main gills reporter on the Kent online site. I thought maybe it was more than a coincidence as the guvnor had suggested the guy he was asking was 'known'. Obviously its clear now youre not the same person but just thought I'd explain what I meant originally.

I wouldn't worry about it all too much. Well worth steering clear of that guvnor character though and it would be good if you choose to stay around anyway.

Thanks for being understanding, I'm sure you can imagine it's not been easy being harassed by this geezer to then have people point the finger at you claiming you're the same person.

Ah right gotcha. Nah we are not the same I'm afraid although I'be badgered him a few times on twitter before for news.

I will be happy to stay on this board for healthy debate but I will refrain from joining GFO all the time that nutter is involved with your board. Likewise feel free to have a nosy around our not606 board where the new EFL trophy proposals is causing up a bit of a stir.

LSB2 - 15/6/2016 08:43

I know Pledge personally, and he's name's not Barry! :13:

May I suggest you have a look at his Facebook page, specifically the reference to sending Barry Freeman in to sort the Guvnor out?