Flitcroft Whinging Again | Page 4 | Vital Football

Flitcroft Whinging Again

At least he doesn't pull the plug out in his excitement, this time last year on iFollow it would be "G ......." followed by silence followed by muzak and 'we are encountering technical problems'
Yeh, we can laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't funny was it.

I also think they do a great job, Michael Hortin in particular. It staggers me that people can be critical of what they do, especially considering how desperately poor the majority of the so-called professional commentators on BT Sport and Sky are. Commentating on an all-action 100mph football match for the benefit of people who cannot see it is a huge challenge. Perhaps some of the critics should have a go themselves, it would be truly hysterical.

I also think they do a great job, Michael Hortin in particular. It staggers me that people can be critical of what they do, especially considering how desperately poor the majority of the so-called professional commentators on BT Sport and Sky are. Commentating on an all-action 100mph football match for the benefit of people who cannot see it is a huge challenge. Perhaps some of the critics should have a go themselves, it would be truly hysterical.
When I was a youth and at a spare end in Liverpool, I went on the Anfield tour. They had a commentary booth set up, where they had a match running on a loop and visitors could don a pair of headphones and grab a microphone to have a go at doing the commentary.

I can confirm that it is in fact harder than one would believe… Much harder.

That is why you will never hear me detracting from a live commentary team. And I must echo the sentiment of several others on here, we are very lucky with the quality we get for the Imps games.

*disclaimer - my tour of Anfield was probably 20 years ago, please do not plan your weekend away to Liverpool around this fantastic opportunity to try your hand at commentary... it may no longer be there. Instead please feel free to mute the tv next time you are watching a game and give it a go from the comfort of your own home.

** disclaimer 2 – please do not attempt to commentate on the match live at SB, your fellow spectators might get rather annoyed… or presume you are slightly mad.

Adam Virgo couldn't even get the team names right the other night, referred to Shrewsbury as Macclesfield!

Dave Remnant and Mark Hone, although very rarely contribute to the Imps do a great job. I have heard Hone pope up on Radio 5 from time to time.

If they don’t get promotion will he be still there at the end of the season or will Simpsom be back after being offered more money to waste :hmmm:

Last edited:
I think judging by the respective post match interviews that DC has very much got Flitcroft's number and knows exactly how to push his buttons without having to say anything. I also got the impression that although DC will be internally fuming at not winning the game the bigger picture is that he is very happy with our start to the season and supremely confident about how it will pan out. I felt he sounded particularly sanguine all things considered, almost as if we'd had our shiny windscreen soiled by a fat annoying gnat that would soon wash off easily enough.

Hi Redimps1
Yes I did mean Evans thanks, I also missed out don’t (instead of if they get promotion) but I’ve altered it since.

Presumably Flitcroft used the same personality-bypass surgeon as our friend Mr Cooper. He can't help that necessarily, but he does appear under severe pressure. He must be on a promotion-or-walk ultimatum, given what a disproportionate amount of money they have spent, and it can't be easy having Lady P breathing down his neck all the time.

Presumably Flitcroft used the same personality-bypass surgeon as our friend Mr Cooper. He can't help that necessarily, but he does appear under severe pressure. He must be on a promotion-or-walk ultimatum, given what a disproportionate amount of money they have spent, and it can't be easy having Lady P breathing down his neck all the time.

There's always the threat of Lady P taking to Twitter. And nobody wants that.