Fleetwood - Vardy | Vital Football

Fleetwood - Vardy

alphabet_king

Vital 1st Team Regular
They will be gutted Vardy's not moved to Arsenal. They apparently had a sell on fee clause and considering he was going to go for 20m that's a good bit of money they wouldn't have expected any time soon.

Even if it were 10% that would be 2m going to Fleetwood - which would make a huge difference for most clubs like that (and would be brilliant even for us). At 20% it could have been 4m!

Good news for us though I suppose - we could do without other clubs in our division coming into money all of a sudden!

alphabet_king - 23/6/2016 12:2
Even if it were 10% that would be 2m going to Fleetwood - which would make a huge difference for most clubs like that (and would be brilliant even for us). At 20% it could have been 4m!

Good news for us though I suppose - we could do without other clubs in our division coming into money all of a sudden!

I read Vardy signed a new 3 year deal earlier in the season. In that case this new contract has very little to do with keeping him at the club and is more about increasing the amount of any transfer fee.

I read the new deal is 4 years at 100k a week. Not something Leicester will be wanting to pay in 3 years time if Vardy has had an injury or his scoring rate drops or if they don't qualify for Europe season after season.

I suspect Fleetwood will get their payday, but that it will be bigger than it would have been before the new contract. Either that or Leicester might try to buy their way out of it without first selling Vardy. Let's say 1.5m without him moving. If I were Fleetwood chairman I'd probably be on the phone trying to secure that deal today. As you said, it's a lot of money to them as it would be to us.

Vardy's game is largely based on pace and his ability to run behind - at 29 how long will those legs go?