Fleetwood game | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fleetwood game

Sow hopefully will get in alongside semedo Saturday, not sure many others forced their way into contention.

Clean sheet and through to the next round, first win hopefully we gradually improve seems to be an issue getting the striker chances.

We need Lolley firing and carvalho back that will bring more creativity. We are at least tightening things up a bit. Need that first league win now

This is going to be a long season as players get to know one another. We certainly aren't a free scoring creative side.

We created sod all. Really struggled against a team that wanted to (sort of) park the bus and then struggled again when they came forward. We are all achingly sloooooow.

Honestly couldn't see where a shot was coming from, let alone a goal before Silva's little moment of quality.

Looked like what they were; a bunch of strangers. Every attempt forward was thwarted by a) a bad pass, b) a lack of anyone to pass the killer ball to, c) a bad decision.

If Grabban gets injured we are in trouble. Mir was so poor on his own. Honestly didn't notice anything he did until I decided to concentrate on watching him in the last half an hour. He had a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and where he managed to be in the right place he made the wrong decision. Clearly not a lone striker option.

Bostock ok, although nearly cost us a goal when he went down only for the ref to wave play on.

Thought Jenkinson was poor at first. Let his man go by him really easily and carelessly a couple of times in the first half an hour, then improved a lot.

Ribeiro tough to call. Bad first touch at times but got forward well without end product. Tackled well.

Worrall can't pass for shit.

Sow played well. Silva played well. Ameobi... Meh. Wish Appiah would be less 'professional' in how he goes down for a free kick. It's unseemly.

Samba I thought was great and kept us in it for a 20 minute spell. Far more assured and competent

Sat in the main stand and it was funny as fuck watching Joey Barton's disbelief at how shit his own players were when they missed a couple of sitters.

This is going to be a long season as players get to know one another. We certainly aren't a free scoring creative side.

We created sod all. Really struggled against a team that wanted to (sort of) park the bus and then struggled again when they came forward. We are all achingly sloooooow.

Honestly couldn't see where a shot was coming from, let alone a goal before Silva's little moment of quality.

Looked like what they were; a bunch of strangers. Every attempt forward was thwarted by a) a bad pass, b) a lack of anyone to pass the killer ball to, c) a bad decision.

If Grabban gets injured we are in trouble. Mir was so poor on his own. Honestly didn't notice anything he did until I decided to concentrate on watching him in the last half an hour. He had a knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and where he managed to be in the right place he made the wrong decision. Clearly not a lone striker option.

Bostock ok, although nearly cost us a goal when he went down only for the ref to wave play on.

Thought Jenkinson was poor at first. Let his man go by him really easily and carelessly a couple of times in the first half an hour, then improved a lot.

Ribeiro tough to call. Bad first touch at times but got forward well without end product. Tackled well.

Worrall can't pass for shit.

Sow played well. Silva played well. Ameobi... Meh. Wish Appiah would be less 'professional' in how he goes down for a free kick. It's unseemly.

Samba I thought was great and kept us in it for a 20 minute spell. Far more assured and competent

Sat in the main stand and it was funny as fuck watching Joey Barton's disbelief at how shit his own players were when they missed a couple of sitters.

Full marks for making the effort to go - I chose to miss this one, listened to most of it on the radio and was worried at how toothless we sounded. Appiah having a couple of runs but nothing more, Mir hardly even mentioned - very disappointing as I hoped they'd be key attacking players tonight.

Good for Silva to get off the mark, banana skin dodged and Derby next round. Could be worse!

Thought both teams tonight played some decent passing football. Not much to choose between our first eleven and our second eleven, but both our teams lack creativity. We really need Carvalho to hit the ground running. Mir is quite fast and ran around a lot, but he never really got on the ball properly to do anything. Thought Ribeiro looked quite useful.

To be fair this was pretty much a new team lots of players who have not played a game together, looks like lamouchi is trying to field a consistent league side players wise so hopefully things will improve going forward. Sow hopefully has edged Watson out for Saturday, samba sounded decent but muric will play still. Nice finish from Silva tonight, and a clever pass from Bostock, that's what we need to see more of clever passing and runs.

I actually think when everyone is up and running that Bostock will be the best signing of the summer if he can get his head down

Let’s hope the balls sticks to him anyway ?

Doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of pace running through the squad and there is only a limited amount of creativity.

Anything more than mid-table obscurity would be a shock this season.

I actually think when everyone is up and running that Bostock will be the best signing of the summer if he can get his head down

Let’s hope the balls sticks to him anyway ?

I'm sure when we get in to the bulk of the season, i.e. winter time when the heat and humidity is less, I'm sure his balls will stick to him a bit less, chap.

These sort of games usually turn out to be a damp squib, but having splashed out my £5 I'm quite looking forward to this one. Hoping to see

Samba
Jenkinson Figuerido Chema Ribeiro
Sow Bostock
Johnson
Ameobi Mir Appiah

Plenty of others could play, but I guess some of them are on their way out

Pants, Geddy, Milosevic, Benalouane , Murphy, Bridcutt, Yacob, Clough, Cummings ......

9 out of 11. Must have been on the psychic course !