Fleetwood game | Page 7 | Vital Football

Fleetwood game

Three good managers?

I do not think too many people would have described Warburton or MON as good managers; certainly not on their performances here.

Whether you like it or not, the average tenure of a Championship manager is ten months; that's just not us, but all of the clubs in the division.

Why do you think that the constant managerial change is necessary?

How much of it is down to the fact that clubs do not have the luxury of being able to build teams any more?

Players and agents have all of the power now; the good ones are not prepared to hang around waiting for a change in the teams fortunes and the bad ones sit tight on good contracts.

How much of the change is down to the new breed (last 20 years or so) of supporter, the Sky generation supporter, and their constant mithering for instant gratification?

Does not take much for these guys to vote with their feet, and then its panic stations in the Boardroom.

For every Club like us with a very loyal fan base there are ten or fifteen who do not have one.

So when you talk of reciprocation, what is it you want reciprocating?

You only have to look on here to see people writing us off. We are far from being a top two side, but last season we managed 9th with some pretty abysmal performances under both AK and MON. We have lost Colback and gained several decent defenders and midfielders. SL's football is similar to AKs, but he does give the impression to me that he wants to get the ball forward quicker, rather than keeping it at the back for the sake of it. Will take time to settle, but SL does need to have us at least competing for the top six, as we did for a lot of last season.

You only have to look on here to see people writing us off. We are far from being a top two side, but last season we managed 9th with some pretty abysmal performances under both AK and MON. We have lost Colback and gained several decent defenders and midfielders. SL's football is similar to AKs, but he does give the impression to me that he wants to get the ball forward quicker, rather than keeping it at the back for the sake of it. Will take time to settle, but SL does need to have us at least competing for the top six, as we did for a lot of last season.
If he can do that with our lack of options up front he will be a genius.

Three good managers?

I do not think too many people would have described Warburton or MON as good managers; certainly not on their performances here.

Whether you like it or not, the average tenure of a Championship manager is ten months; that's just not us, but all of the clubs in the division.

How much of it is down to the fact that clubs do not have the luxury of being able to build teams any more?

Players and agents have all of the power now; the good ones are not prepared to hang around waiting for a change in the teams fortunes and the bad ones sit tight on good contracts.

How much of the change is down to the new breed (last 20 years or so) of supporter, the Sky generation supporter, and their constant mithering for instant gratification?

Does not take much for these guys to vote with their feet, and then its panic stations in the Boardroom.

For every Club like us with a very loyal fan base there are ten or fifteen who do not have one.

Last figures I can see end the season before last but they're a touch higher:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/lma-latest/lma-end-season-report-and-statistics-2017-18/

Forest fans have always been impatient in my experience. I still remember during our relegation season him being booed and folk wanting him out and the kick offs that led to.

I thought you believed we had one...

I was referring to the playing side of things.

It is extremely difficult to formulate a strategy covering players when they hold the upper hand; the contracts they have are not worth the paper they are written on.

With regard to off field strategy, we clearly have one - probably for the first time in the Clubs history - certainly the first time since the old Committee days.

I appreciate the new regime is not to everyone's liking and is still being treated with a high degree of suspicion.

Three seasons in Division One, a big ruck with the local Council and the CEO referring to the paying customers as pond life should win them all over.

Three good managers?

I think you missed my point Mau. I dont think constant managerial change is good, exactly the opposite!!! I have always advocated patience and time for a manager, even if I personally didn't rate them.
My point about reciprocating, is a reference to the original statement from the club about giving the manager time. Then promptly sacking the next three managers. And yes, I think all three were good, and given time would have improved us.
So, if the club are not prepared to follow through on their promise, why should I continue to show patience. That was the point.
If the club had come out and been upfront about their policy, that a manager needed to make an instant impact and get us immediately promoted, or they would be gone. Then while I dont agree with that policy, I could understand it and appreciate the honesty.

I was referring to the playing side of things.

It is extremely difficult to formulate a strategy covering players when they hold the upper hand; the contracts they have are not worth the paper they are written on.

With regard to off field strategy, we clearly have one - probably for the first time in the Clubs history - certainly the first time since the old Committee days.

I appreciate the new regime is not to everyone's liking and is still being treated with a high degree of suspicion.

Three seasons in Division One, a big ruck with the local Council and the CEO referring to the paying customers as pond life should win them all over.

Lol Jom at his finest.

I find it delightfully ironic that you was the one caught with his pants on fire and all of a sudden I'm being compared to the Sage of Gloucestershire.

How's David Dein doing these days?

I've no idea whatsoever, I've never claimed to know him in the slightest. Yet again you've gotten horribly confused but being an old yokel can do that to you.

I find it delightfully ironic that you was the one caught with his pants on fire and all of a sudden I'm being compared to the Sage of Gloucestershire.

How's David Dein doing these days?

You confused 12 with 30, spouted BS figures about managerial churn and now this. You need a good sit down old boy and work out your next set of nonsense claims about the strategic plans at the club, at the moment you're a pale embarrassing version of Jom, the confusion and sycophancy you've nailed but the rest needs working on.

You confused 12 with 30, spouted BS figures about managerial churn and now this. You need a good sit down old boy and work out your next set of nonsense claims about the strategic plans at the club, at the moment you're a pale embarrassing version of Jom, the confusion and sycophancy you've nailed but the rest needs working on.

Being outed as a liar is obviously causing you considerable pain.

I have a feeling that lashing out with fits of fantasy driven opprobrium will not have the cathartic effect you desire.

Have you considered not lying?

You never know, people might start to take you seriously; that sounds like a win win for everyone.

Being outed as a liar is obviously causing you considerable pain.

I have a feeling that lashing out with fits of fantasy driven opprobrium will not have the cathartic effect you desire.

Have you considered not lying?

You never know, people might start to take you seriously; that sounds like a win win for everyone.

Alzheimer's is best treated as soon as possible Jom...

If he can do that with our lack of options up front he will be a genius.

We have more options up front than we did last season. Bearing in mind Soudani and Ansarifard were injured most of the season, we really only had Grabban and Murphy. Not ideal, but Mir, Ameobi, Adomah and Silva must be an upgrade on Murphy, and at present he's still an option too, along with Cummings.

When we played Leeds, the Sky reporter was saying that they really only have Bamford now they've sold Roofe, so it's clear decent strikers aren't that readily available.