Fleck | Vital Football

Fleck

Nowt good seems to happen with Fleck and Scotland.

What a shitter of a 2020/21 Fleck's had.

I don't think he's fit enough to be playing international football. He wasn't training in between games at the end so he's not over his broken back, an injury incurred whilst he was previously playing for Scotland. After the seasons he's had the last thing he needs to do is aggravate his back sat on the bench waiting for a 5 minute cameo at the end of one of the 3 games. He needs to rest in advance of a very important season for his Club. Surprised the Club didn't encourage him to take this decision.

A fit Fleck on his day can still be the best midfield player in the championship. An unfit Fleck will be a liability we don't need.

Presumably if Fleck was unfit to play football our clubs medical team would have insisted he stayed in Sheffield. As he went to join the Scottish squad is an indicator he is fit, out of form maybe.

Absolutely I'd prefer Fleck to use the time to rest his body and get his head right for the coming season but this is likely his only opportunity to play in a major international tournament so we can only really wish him luck and hope he stays healthy. With Norwich's McClean dropping out he should get some minutes, if not starts.

At 100% fit, Fleck won't be a starter in the squad. As much as I like him, they consider McGinn to start every game.

Fit adults don't usually have a problem with covid-19.

Chips we had positive covid tests continually on players and staff throughout the leagues. I understand being fit and no underlying health problems put them at less risk to become less serious.
Nevertheless if our medical team weren't convinced he wasn't fit why would they let him go.

Chips we had positive covid tests continually on players and staff throughout the leagues. I understand being fit and no underlying health problems put them at less risk to become less serious.
Nevertheless if our medical team weren't convinced he wasn't fit why would they let him go.
Did he fail when with the Scots team?

At 100% fit, Fleck won't be a starter in the squad. As much as I like him, they consider McGinn to start every game.

The way Clarke sets up, 5-2-2-1, he could play both McGinn and Fleck if he goes narrow. The starting midfield will likely be Christie, McGinn, McGregor, Armstrong, with Fleck and Fraser being the left sided options on the bench.

Probably because he passed the last test?