flat packers away | Page 4 | Vital Football

flat packers away

Evening all. Such a good win and what a great week all round. Absolutely buzzing. Pukki is immense. So good to see alex Neil and Preston in bottom 2 places too. So pleased for DG and FFL and anyone else who went tonight . OTBC :clap::clap::clap:

A couple of our usual scary moments but all in all a very good team performance by everybody., 'Chest the ticket Teemu'. Always said DF was a great coach?

Morning All.
I guess you have all seen game or listened to RN commentary so I will be brief on game and then explain match day experience.
Keeper and defence were sound with only a couple of worrying moments when Krul saved and strikers had wayward shots.
Midfield were good in terms of passing and winning back ball.
Tettey was my MOTM for playing 3 times in a week and not running out of steam. Still would like to see it moved a bit quicker to wings.
Up front Pukki takes all the plaudits with another adapted finish !

We were not really under serious pressure at the end but I really hoped we would score a second to make it comfortable and we were very close to doing that. We need to practice ' breaks ' as scoring on them would make life a lot easier.

As for our day. First away game for my youngest daughter and my niece which together with my brother and nephew made up our party of 5. Told the girls they were lucky to get a win so soon.

Walked to station. Train to Cambridge 7.40. 5 mins to get 9.00 to London where we arrived on time at 10.30.
Planned posh wethys breakfast pub closed for private function but luckily there are 2 more in Holborn area.
Fry up and a couple of london prides.
2 more in the brilliant Bank of England pub and then tube to Pimlico
for another couple of tried and tested pubs with another 3 pints.
Did not quite manage the pre match gallon.

Tube to White City and just in time to see teams come out although once again issued with poor location to far left hand side although this did provide opportunity to close to home fans in subbuteo stand and mock them with no responses.
Still part of the major celebrations despite poor seat not letting us see the ball hit the net. Must look at highlights !

A good win and then due to poor size crowd straight into White City and onto an empty tube. This allowed us to just get 8.15 train instead of planned 8.45 but it was a stop everywhere rattler and we had no time for as pint or to get food as not eaten since 11.00.
At Cambridge we caught train to Ely in an attempt to get home earlier than planned and luckily train from Liverpool was late so we caught it and eventually got back to fine city by midnight.
The delay allowed a quick trot to Tesco to pick up meal deals and cans of Ghostship for last leg of journey.
Mrs DG did the honours and picked us up so home by 00.15.

A great day out. The usual great company ( although YB, Mrs YB and MM were missed ), a lot of beer, minimum food and a good win to get revenge on last seasons trip to the flat pack.

Morning DG. Thanks for the write up .It all sounded a brilliant day out for you . I have been to some of those pubs and was sad to have missed them this time .Still, there is always next time with perhaps a trip to Arsenal , Spurs and Chelsea!

We looked good on the highlights but could have given away a pen at the end

I wonder now if it’s time to start believing in better times again ,or will NC do to us what they have so many times before ......build up our hopes and then let us down ?

Glad you had a good day out DG. Hats off, that was a long day ! Glad they won for you so it was worth it. I was shocked how empty Reading was and last night was also shocked how equally empty QPR was. How the hell do these clubs keep up the finances? I feel like NC need to have sell outs every week just to keep afloat. Was it as dead atmosphere wise from the home fans as it sounded? I could only hear NC fans all evening on the TV.

Thanks for the link! I just hope we can keep hold of Lewis and Aarons for a couple of years yet. It's all coming together slowly but surely. Stiepermann... where has been hiding since we signed him? What a player.

It’s always a worry that our Board are very fond of selling our best players . It would be nice to think that after paying lip service to the mistakes they have made , that they see that these fabulous youngsters are our very future , and we will need them to stay with us and develop and take us up to the Prem

Finally got to see the highlights as sky sports highlights are not authorised and cant be shown over here.

The tight fine line passes in close quarters are very impressive.

Pukkis goal off the chest - well I ant remember even seeing one of those before - unaware deflections off the body, yes for sure, but a deliberate chest??? Dont think so.

Based on the well known fact that teams get better as the season progresses, our improvement now , earlyish, and with some first choice injuries occurring, 1st place only 4 points away, nice to see the kids coming through and doing really well, we're in this boots and all.

Its taken me until this evening to feel like typing anything..I aint been well, the build up before the game was brilliant, The Brew Dog, and Shepherd And Flock...as for the game, we were never really under any threat, QPR really are not up to much..we bossed the game for at least 65% - 70% of the game, the first half QPR didnt even turn up...The Goal was awesome some really slick movement before Pukki simply chested it into the net...Our 3 youngsters are an absolute credit to us...Krul gave us only one real heart attack moment....All well happy with the performance...next week we could be in the playoff positions.

We went into central London afterwards departing for home at 03:00... Home at 07:00...phew what a day...OTBC

As for Wigan, cant make it, were down to the South Coast celebrating our wedding anniversary...all 35 Years of them!

Glad all who went saw a great away win!! It was my first Saturday at home for weeks so I enjoyed watching it, relaxing for once in the comfort of my own living room after an exhausting and difficult couple of weeks. We actually now look like a team playing together...…maybe it is at long last starting to come together!?

I am hoping to go to Notts Forest on 20th Oct in the hope my away record in last 7 aways last season and one this season remains intact.