Flat as a pancake | Vital Football

Flat as a pancake

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
our lasses tits,but apart from that the lane,whats happened its dreadful ,just absolutely nowt coming from the kop at all. this new generation of supporters are pretty quiet.
the game was quite comfy then wtf happend it was like watching us playing against us. overlaps wing backs getting in cross goal, twice in 3 minutes. but how well did we reply good move down the left by our wank left sided players(tongue in cheek) great move n cross on a plate goldie scores.
woody were better today fleck n duffy hit en miss, sharp n goldie made us more dangerous. egan got caught out twice losing his man in the box ball watching, Bash did well again..
top 3 points and 3 points of top. when they all fire together again we,ll rip teams to pieces.
oh an the fuckin traffic lol

Strange game, strange performance from the team and the manager especially. Maybe the traffic didn't help. Some players had to abandon their cars and walk into the ground.

We were flat from the off against an out of form team whose main aim was damage limitation. Far too slow in build up for 30 minutes. Crowd get an assist for the first goal as all screamed for the ball to be moved forward quicker Freeman obliged and the predator who should always start at Home scored.

Second half we come flying out of the traps obvious half time bollicking. Play our best football Bash scores and Duffy is finding space running at them. Puts the ball on a plate for Goldie he misses. If that goes in we coast the game at 3-0.

The dreaded 65 minute mark appears and all the players look knackered again. Conditioning is getting to be a problem as we can't last games. Preston have control of the midfield for the first time but are not hurting us. We just need someone like Clarke to hold the ball up for us to regain the initiative.

Manager has a brain fart and changes to 4-5-1 and takes off Sharp for Johnson. Players look confused and all over the place with a change of formation. Crowd stunned by sub decision and go very quiet. No-one in the ground agrees with the sub and can see the inevitable happening. We let Preston back into the game twice and Manager makes the right decision and goes back to original formation bringing Clarke on. We immediately go at them and Stevens sets up Goldie 3-2. Crowd breath a sigh of relief and get behind the team.

Manager then has second brain fart and reverts back to 1 up front inviting Preston to attack us for the final 6 minutes of injury time again crowd go quiet just fearing we will concede again as Preston have all of the ball.

The best that can be said about the last two home games is we got 4 points. Manager has had a bad week in terms of team selection and tactics. Hope its a one off. Millwall coming up a ground where we haven't done well the last few seasons, we move on.

Strange game, strange performance from the team and the manager especially. Maybe the traffic didn't help. Some players had to abandon their cars and walk into the ground.

We were flat from the off against an out of form team whose main aim was damage limitation. Far too slow in build up for 30 minutes. Crowd get an assist for the first goal as all screamed for the ball to be moved forward quicker Freeman obliged and the predator who should always start at Home scored.

Second half we come flying out of the traps obvious half time bollicking. Play our best football Bash scores and Duffy is finding space running at them. Puts the ball on a plate for Goldie he misses. If that goes in we coast the game at 3-0.

The dreaded 65 minute mark appears and all the players look knackered again. Conditioning is getting to be a problem as we can't last games. Preston have control of the midfield for the first time but are not hurting us. We just need someone like Clarke to hold the ball up for us to regain the initiative.

Manager has a brain fart and changes to 4-5-1 and takes off Sharp for Johnson. Players look confused and all over the place with a change of formation. Crowd stunned by sub decision and go very quiet. No-one in the ground agrees with the sub and can see the inevitable happening. We let Preston back into the game twice and Manager makes the right decision and goes back to original formation bringing Clarke on. We immediately go at them and Stevens sets up Goldie 3-2. Crowd breath a sigh of relief and get behind the team.

Manager then has second brain fart and reverts back to 1 up front inviting Preston to attack us for the final 6 minutes of injury time again crowd go quiet just fearing we will concede again as Preston have all of the ball.

The best that can be said about the last two home games is we got 4 points. Manager has had a bad week in terms of team selection and tactics. Hope its a one off. Millwall coming up a ground where we haven't done well the last few seasons, we move on.
yeah very strange game we were in control for the most part and yeah chris made a mistake switching formation but a great bit of play from johnson and especially enda for the winner but we so nearly chucked it away again and in that first half why oh why will nobody have a shot on goal we were trying to walk it in at times

we,ve played shite as whole the last two games an got 4 points,we just need to click again and who knows. win ugly win flat then when form returns win easy

The atmosphere at BL is pitiful, and nobody cares enough to do anything about it. It doesn't even register with the club as any sort of issue.

The Kop's full of pensioners and useless young ***** who don't look up from their phones all game.

Even those stood up right at the back, they don't want to know.

It's dead, it's gone, and it's not coming back.

If everybody simply stood up, it would transform it. But obviously it's too much to ask. They can all walk up and down the steps and get to their seats, but they can't stand up for 45 minutes at a time.

And then they leave on 80 minutes to rush home for their beans on toast...

Absolutely pathetic.

spot on chronic, but try tellin that to the old fuckin pension crew and your nowt but a young fuckin thug.

It’s bull:poop: I went everywhere late 70s and 80s cos the atmosphere was so wank at the lane it’s never been any different apart from odd times like promotion under Colin the rest of the time it’s been as it is now

Glad I don’t sit on the Kop then, especially if there’s mardy young(er) twats like you two (Herb and Twirlo) sitting there. No older family members who go or younger ones who just like to sit and watch the game then? I’ve got the full spectrum of ages and types in my family times over all massive Blades and it’s up to them how they support the team.

I stand up and sing when I want to, come and sit wi me, let’s see how good you are. Maybe you both can also sort out the drunken twats that turn up late pissed up (for both halves) and seem to be interested in everything and anything but watching the match. They kill the atmosphere more then any other single group, seeing how loud they can F and blind in front of women and kids isn’t supporting it’s pathetic. My guess is that we’d hear nothing from any of them if they weren’t off their bleeding heads.

Let fans support the team how they wish, I only take issue with those who for some reason seem to object to others singing and occasionally standing like I do, meanwhile you two and your mates get together and sing your hearts out, maybe you’ll get something going on the Kop.

It’s bull:poop: I went everywhere late 70s and 80s cos the atmosphere was so wank at the lane it’s never been any different apart from odd times like promotion under Colin the rest of the time it’s been as it is now
Spot on mate, but we really do need to cull the crowd once and for all and get in more bigger Blades like these two gob :poop:. Feck it I’ll stop going and start a trend. Hopefully the 5k that’s left when the other older/ non singers follow suit will really get it rocking.
Whooppedoo :grinning:
:party:

The atmosphere at BL is pitiful, and nobody cares enough to do anything about it. It doesn't even register with the club as any sort of issue. The Kop's full of pensioners and useless young ***** who don't look up from their phones all game.

Still smarting about your various initiatives not taking off then..? What you're describing is a societal change in how we behave. We as a society are not what we were when the crowds swelled and surged on the terraces and sang our hearts out for 90 minutes. You're right, its gone, its not coming back and it is futile to try and force it to. Come to peace with it.

If everybody simply stood up, it would transform it. But obviously it's too much to ask. They can all walk up and down the steps and get to their seats, but they can't stand up for 45 minutes at a time.

Actually, although you couldn't tell by looking at me, I have a damage nerve in my lower back. I can't stand in one spot for 45 mins, without developing pain that stays with me all day. I'm not on my own. Lots of middle aged and older, families, would prefer to enjoy the game sitting in their seats. Actually, lots of supporters go for the football, not to see (and get frustrated about...) how many aren't singing, or who's leaving early. Just let them do what they want. What the feck does it matter, really?

Its probably the wrong site for Chronic to be making his point - bearing in mind the average age on here is at least..........err.........55 :cuppa:

I love the singing and shouting, but at 5ft4 I can't see much if everybody decides to stand up

Last edited:
Its probably the wrong site for Chronic to be making his point - bearing in mind the average age on here is at least..........err.........55 :cuppa:

I love the singing and shouting, but at 5ft4 I can't see much if everybody decides to stand up

Its not just a United thing though Aya,up and down the country crowds are subdued and quiet,and offer very little vocal support until they score,that is my observation on the subject.

Its not just a United thing though Aya,up and down the country crowds are subdued and quiet,and offer very little vocal support until they score,that is my observation on the subject.

you're right - its not just us BD - I blame mobile phones and social media (as I do for most things)

Below average again :bow:
Amazingly I have a perfect view when sat down it’s only spoilt when people in front decide to stand up