Fixtures - today it becomes real | Vital Football

Fixtures - today it becomes real

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Today is the day we get our premier league fixtures, and the fact that we actually won a playoff final really sinks in.

I am told that apparently Sky Sports are coming to my daughter's school to do something around the fixtures being released, and any child wearing a Forest shirt may be on sky sports?

Anyway, no preference for first fixture from me.

I would prefer a tougher start and an easier end. We won't have the full squad together until September, so it's probably best to play more of the big teams early and get games we probably won't win anyway out of the way so whatever full squad we end up with can tackle more of the winnable ones. The big teams are a bit more beatable early doors too, anything happens in the first couple of games.

Need a reasonable end; I remember Norwich going down once because they had a nightmare run in the last 5 that you couldn't see any wins from- and they didn't.

Always exciting for kids to be on TV. Become star for a day. Tell her to remind Sky it is Nottingham Forest or we shall start calling them BT. Also not to mention relegation. Most of all enjoy.

Today is the day we get our premier league fixtures, and the fact that we actually won a playoff final really sinks in.

I am told that apparently Sky Sports are coming to my daughter's school to do something around the fixtures being released, and any child wearing a Forest shirt may be on sky sports?

Anyway, no preference for first fixture from me.

I would prefer a tougher start and an easier end. We won't have the full squad together until September, so it's probably best to play more of the big teams early and get games we probably won't win anyway out of the way so whatever full squad we end up with can tackle more of the winnable ones. The big teams are a bit more beatable early doors too, anything happens in the first couple of games.

Need a reasonable end; I remember Norwich going down once because they had a nightmare run in the last 5 that you couldn't see any wins from- and they didn't.
I hope she gets on tv, that would be a cool experience for her.

Re game order, I buy your logic but equally you can argue it any way you like. Personally I'd dearly love some confidence boosting points in the bag in the first handful of games. (You will get nowhere in a league being at the bottom with only one draw in the first seven games - amiright?!)
Teams will work us out pretty quickly so we might be better facing the lesser teams as early as poss.

The fixtures will be a mixture and every point will be hard. Que sera sera.

Tough start to the season but there’s definitely enough points to survive if we can play how we have been.

That’s an annoying opening month. Starting away at Newcastle and having City and Everton away. Not easy!

Fixtures suck hairy balls for us.

Away first, last and on boxing Day. What the fuck?

Easier games in the first month, which I really don't think helps us at all. Last second Dane won't even have a team ready then