Five quiz questions | Vital Football

Five quiz questions

chris who

Vital Champions League
I will start with five every two or three days .Answers when I do the next questions over the weekend

1 Which group recorded the song Massachusetts?

2 Which singer was known as "The man in black?"

3 Which town is the home of the Benjamin Britten music festival?

4 Ashley Rusty Dinah and electra appear in which music festival?

5 What is the name of the dog in the HMV logo ?

Christ, I’ll score low here (though I only every get 2-3 questions right on BBC Radio 2’s Popmaster):

1. Never heard of it by title alone, let’s say Detroit Spinners

2. Presuming older rather than Ozzy, and white. Andy Williams.

3. Not a clue. Manchester.

4. Proms?!

5. I’m guessing he doesn’t have one.

I only know one the others are real guesses

1. Bee gees

2. Tom Jones

3 Cambridge

4 the something folk festival

5 Bob.

Bee gees
Johnny cash
Somewhere West Country. Let’s say Swindon
Creamfields
Lassie

Got all excited thinking I was clever but fell flat at the end.

1. Bee Gees
2. Johnny Cash
3. Aldeburgh
4. F knows, Latitude? (only one I've ever been to).
5. F knows. Fido? Only know what HMV stands for.

Prosecutor has 4 correct .
58 has 3
Rob and Mark have two
Question 4 a clue is that it is a west end musical ?

I suggest you personal message me your answers to the next five questions .

1 In which sport do teams compete for the Stanley cup?

2 Golfer Jack Nicklaus was best known by which nickname?

3 How many players make up a netball team?

4 Where is the Royal Regatta held?

5 Who was the first American World Chess champion?

PERSONAL MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWERS by Sunday at noon.
Answers some time on Sunday.
I will give the answer to the remaining musical question later today but I suspect someone will get it .

Last edited:
Is the answer to the original question 4 Starlight Express? If I recall correctly, Jeffrey Daniels from the band Shalamar played Electra.

From the first five questions the only answer I know for sure is number 2. The correct answer has already been given.

From the second five the only answer I definitely know is to the netball question. And I only know that because I used to play it.

And I only ever played it at school and as a protest. You see, the previous term a gaggle of girls had opted to play football. I had no problems with the girls playing football. But they didn't play football, they just stood there in the goalmouth chatting. It really fucked our game up! So the next term me and a mate opted for netball. But we ended up engaging and enjoying the game!

From the first five questions the only answer I know for sure is number 2. The correct answer has already been given.

From the second five the only answer I definitely know is to the netball question. And I only know that because I used to play it.

And I only ever played it at school and as a protest. You see, the previous term a gaggle of girls had opted to play football. I had no problems with the girls playing football. But they didn't play football, they just stood there in the goalmouth chatting. It really fucked our game up! So the next term me and a mate opted for netball. But we ended up engaging and enjoying the game!
They are tough Foxy has just got all five.
May I repeat
PERSONAL MESSAGE YOUR ANSWERS.

Answers
1 Ice Hockey
2 Golden Bear
3 Seven
4 Henley
5 Bobby Fischer

New questions

1 Who played Prince Regent in "Black Adder the third"?
2 In which seaside town was "Fawlty Towers"set?
3 Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty starred as which US outlaws?
4 In which Bond film does the character Oddjob appear?
How many words are spoken in Mel Brookes film "Silent Movie "?

A interesting footnote. I stayed at the Hotel that I believe that Faulty Towers was based on .It was a fairly big hotel fairly close to the sea front. It had a totally mad owner who would lock everyone out at around ten o'clock and go to bed .Around 20 or more people were left outside every night sometimes for up to a hour .I think I stayed three nights.Might have been two.The food in the restaurant came down the road .Which was why meal times would take hours. If it wasn't Faulty Towers it must have been fairly close .I mentioned it to locals years after and they confirmed my theory that the hotel was in the same road that I thought it was.