First Transfer Link of Season | Vital Football

First Transfer Link of Season

He's a good player. Mentioned him in another thread recently. Not cook's type of player though so i can't see anything in this. Has similarities to cole, he's very good at squaring up defender's, slowing down with the ball then beating them. Very direct, likes to attack defenders. Good at making contact with the ball inside the box, has the ability to make an opening for himself inside the box too. Nice technique taking corners and set pieces.

So basically another Bogle?

I'd say no. Personality wise they're very different. Also Bogle's movement is exclusively to get in behind. Eisa can attack from both flanks on the counter ect and come inside. With Cole already here, i can't see this one happening. I think we'll look for someone similar to Vaughan and Grigg if we sign another striker. But like Frank above, another striker shouldn't really be a priority, we have other areas that need strengthening far more.

Bogle couldn't handle the step up but doesn't mean this lad is destined to go the same way, Jack Marriott wasn't even an automatic starter in L2 for Luton but the step up to Peterborough brought the best out of him.

Eisa looks very exciting player from highlights but I've not seen anywhere enough to judge him properly. But if we are after a striker id have also thought it would most likely be a big target man type.

Bogle couldn't handle the step up but doesn't mean this lad is destined to go the same way, Jack Marriott wasn't even an automatic starter in L2 for Luton but the step up to Peterborough brought the best out of him.

Eisa looks very exciting player from highlights but I've not seen anywhere enough to judge him properly. But if we are after a striker id have also thought it would most likely be a big target man type.

Agreed, i would be looking at a target man striker as our 4th striker next season alongside Grigg, Vaughan and Cole. Would like Nuhiu from Sheff Wed or if he cannot agree new contract with Blackburn, i wouldnt mind Danny Graham.

After years of Sheff Wed and seemingly everyone else not realising what they had in Nuhiu (he couldn't even get on the bench or a loan move) he's finally shining just as his contract is running out.

6 months ago he had no chance of getting a new deal but now he's probably going to get offered a fat pay rise to stay. Bad timing for a club like us who could've picked up a real bargain on a free.

Jukiewicz from Birmingham is one id have also looked at as he was not getting many starts but since Monk arrived he's has started using him properly now and getting goals again.

Good target men are hard to find but we certainly need one for the upcoming season to add that extra option to our arsenal.

Doubt we’ll sign a striker unless we offload Vaughan and I can’t see Cook being that ruthless. More important positions to fill at this point.

Players have been and are meeting the manager today. The retained / released list cannot be far behind.
Luke Burke has mentioned that he is leaving the club.

After years of Sheff Wed and seemingly everyone else not realising what they had in Nuhiu (he couldn't even get on the bench or a loan move) he's finally shining just as his contract is running out.

6 months ago he had no chance of getting a new deal but now he's probably going to get offered a fat pay rise to stay. Bad timing for a club like us who could've picked up a real bargain on a free.

Jukiewicz from Birmingham is one id have also looked at as he was not getting many starts but since Monk arrived he's has started using him properly now and getting goals again.

Good target men are hard to find but we certainly need one for the upcoming season to add that extra option to our arsenal.

Matt Smith, QPR. My dad's been after us getting him for a while.

Players have been and are meeting the manager today. The retained / released list cannot be far behind.
Luke Burke has mentioned that he is leaving the club.

Bit disappointed. I'd expected him to come through.

I can see Perkins, Roberts, Daniels, Thomas, Bruce, leaving. Plus Elder and Walton, who I hope we can sign or get back on loan.

Can anybody confirm, isn't Toney and Evans both entitled to champions medal for the games they played?

I think the way it works is the clubs gets given a set of medals and they distribute them to who they choose. I don't think that Evans or Toney will get one since they are no longer here unless the club decided they wanted to send them one. I hope Reece James gets one as i don't think he did on Saturday but is still at the club (for now at least) and played quite a few games this season.

I've always liked Matt Smith but he plays most weeks for QPR so not sure if he would be available.

Sad to see Luke Burke go, i thouhgt at the start of the last Championship season we had a gem but in this preseason he just didn't look like the same player. He isn't likely to play so probably best for all parties for him to move on with our best wishes.

Yet another supposed hot prospect who has failed to break through. All this arse licking the club hand out to the likes of Gregor Rioch and the academy, yet we still haven’t produced a regular first team star player from our own youth system since McManaman. Questions will start to be asked eventually.

Best of luck to Burke. Seemed a decent prospect, strange it went so wrong from a promising start.

I wonder if we're in line for some windfall cash for the Bogle deal given his promotion to the PL?

Luke has probably been a little unlucky because of the clubs success. He would probably have made it into the squad if we had not been promoted. He looks a good prospect for the lower divisions but for now we must look at a higher calibre of player. Hopefully he will get a decent move and some regular first team football, good luck to the young lad.

Bit disappointed. I'd expected him to come through.

I can see Perkins, Roberts, Daniels, Thomas, Bruce, leaving. Plus Elder and Walton, who I hope we can sign or get back on loan.

Can anybody confirm, isn't Toney and Evans both entitled to champions medal for the games they played?

In the PL a player can get a league winners medal if they've played a minimum amount of games. If the same applies in the football league it may well be (as someone else has said) that the club asks those players who have played the required amount of games, but aren't at the club any more, whether they want a medal or not

EDIT - I believe that the PL now gives clubs 40 medals to dish out as they see fit. Can't find owt about the Football League though

Think you automatically get one in the PL if you've played in about 4 fixtures, if not its discretionary- so a reserve keeper who didn't qualify but was on the bench every week would receive one. Same applies in FL but think the game threshold is higher. So yes evans, Toney and Reece James will be entitled and in fairness I'd argue they've earned one - even Toney.