Fireworks | Vital Football

Fireworks

James06

Vital Football Legend
Massive issue with me this is.

Why the fuck in 2013 are these things freely available? Not only that but traditionally sold in the same shops that flog sweets?!!! I just dont get it. They are lethal weapons and cause deaths and injuries every year.

Dont get me wrong I love a good fireworks display, but a proper one, put on by experts and a controlled and safe environment. Not some pissed up dickhead letting off a shitty banger in his back garden.

Last night some gobshite was letting them off at 11pm by me, no doubt some arab festival or another, but it's bloody inconsiderate.

And now some mongole has set a plastic recycling plant in Smerrick up in smoke, covering the entire west midlands in an ash cloud akin to an icelandic volcanic eruption, all because they have to let of a fucking chinese lantern! why?!!!

Wankers all of them.

Yup, would rather see them allowed at organised events only. Too many numpties and too many accidents and especially now they have become so powerful/strong (whatever the term is I need)

And can't see why they are needed all the time, disturbs adults, but more importantly kids and scares animals.

Yes I hate them too.

Used to detest going to the school bonfire night , but now the kids are older thats a thing of the past.

Why does everyone go "oooooooooooooooooooooooh" when one is let off as if they have never seen one being let off before.

Went to the Millenium fireworks in Stratford Upon Avon.

Great display, about 5 mins in I have had enough, seen one, seen them all. But it went on and on and on and as you say sirdennis, all the 'oooooh' and 'ahhhh' make me laugh!

Ooooh, look, another banging bright light thingy. Ahhhh and another.

I go to the one at a local rugby club. My mate is the captain down there and he reckons that one night keeps the club going, so I'm happy to lend my support. As I say I do enjoy a good fireworks display. it's all set to music and the fireworks are proper big beauties all done by a team of pyrotechnics.
There's hot dogs and toffee apples etc... and the bar is open and it's a good atmosphere and has become a tradition.

But in november, for one weekend of the year, and that's it. Not on school nights, int he summer so the dog goes nuts, and the kids wake up etc... It's out of order.

On a similar topic, i was just settling down in front of the box last night, nice warm eveing, had the french doors open and got a horrible smokey smell because some utter utter bastard decided to light a bonfire! I actually phoned the council about this last year and asked the rules, to be told there arent any. Surely (in a world of people without any fucking decency and common sense) it would make sense to bring in a law only allow them in the winter months and during certain times?

Thought you could only light them after a certain time? Evidently not if there are no rules.

Does become a pest, have to agree, by the time you've burnt all the stuff, you'd be just as quick going to the local dump really and you won't have stunk out half the neighbourhoods houses!

Fireworks are banned in the Republic. Needless to say, they are readily available from the same guys who sell smuggled cigarettes in the streets.

James06 - 1/7/2013 16:59

I go to the one at a local rugby club. My mate is the captain down there and he reckons that one night keeps the club going, so I'm happy to lend my support. As I say I do enjoy a good fireworks display. it's all set to music and the fireworks are proper big beauties all done by a team of pyrotechnics.
There's hot dogs and toffee apples etc... and the bar is open and it's a good atmosphere and has become a tradition.

But in november, for one weekend of the year, and that's it. Not on school nights, int he summer so the dog goes nuts, and the kids wake up etc... It's out of order.

On a similar topic, i was just settling down in front of the box last night, nice warm eveing, had the french doors open and got a horrible smokey smell because some utter utter bastard decided to light a bonfire! I actually phoned the council about this last year and asked the rules, to be told there arent any. Surely (in a world of people without any fucking decency and common sense) it would make sense to bring in a law only allow them in the winter months and during certain times?

Re the fire... that happened at my boyfriend's mum's not that long ago. We happened to be there 2/3 times and there's a gully at the back of her house and houses over the gully, well this house was burning rubbish, it was about 7pm on a Thursday. Then the following night we was there again, but this time at around 11pm it was going again. I went up and had a word with him and reminded him people's washing was out as it was nice weather etc and i said you don't need to do this. He said, '' Yes i do''. I reminded him what a '' Waste disposal'' place was. He was polish. So then Heather ( Rich's mom) phoned Sandwell council and they sent the guy a letter and also paid him a visit. Ever since that happened, no fires. It was bad though because me, Rich and his sister all have asthma and in the summer your going to have windows and doors open and it really made me cough and wheeze. I was adamant it was plastic he was burning too, the smoke and smell didn't look/smell like normal household crap or garden rubbish to me. Inconsiderate bastard.

Im glad other feel the same as me, i have been a little nutter in my youth so know all the trick of the trade the little cow bags that buy these things get up to, there is no way you shoud be able to walk around throwing missiles in this day and age on housing estates with old people animals kids etc wtf are they thinking?

should be banned except for organised displays put on Nov 5th only . Not new Year, not diwali, or any other ethnic event. Bloody dangerous and annoying

I thought bonfires weren't allowed anymore. But not the case

http://www.solihull.gov.uk/environment/bonfires.htm

Other councils may be different

It was Solihull council who I telephoned Dennis. They told me people can have bonfires anytime of day, anytime of year. I was shocked.

I think this is a thread so far we all agree on! Yes I do too. Should be banned and only used at professional displays. This has to be a first JF that we all agree.

Now watch someone come along and spoil it LOL

Allow me Kefkat - at least to a point. I agree that people should not be setting them off at any time of the year (this New Year was awful - sat up until 3am with a one year old who had been woken at 12) but around bonfire night, at a reasonable hour I don't see a problem. In fact you'd have to be a right misery to stop people enjoying bonfire night in their own gardens - in my opinion. I agree that Chinese lanterns should be banned.

The fact my birthday's 6th Nov and I've enjoyed some great bonfire nights over the years might have influenced my opinion.

James - don't suppose you live near Hockley Heath do you? Pricks setting them off here around that time.

In Darwin the 1st July each year is the annual 'cracker night'. Meaning, as James says, any drunk fool can let them off. Kids as young as 6 are letting them off. The NT Government allows the general public to let off fireworks from 6pm to 11pm on the 1st July only. I think it finished up at about 2am this morning.

People let them off anywhere and everywhere, and I mean nothing is out of bounds. Not long after 2012 cracker night the NT News front page was "I stuck a cracker up my clacker". I kid you not. It is a nightmare for dogs and the RSPCA reports a huge increase in lost/stray pets. It is also a nightmare for Royal Darwin Hosptial's burns unit and the NT Emergency Services and Fire Department.

People can only buy fireworks on 1st July. This inevitably leads to people stockpiling them and letting them off at all hours for the next 6 months. Like most people I love a decent fireworks display put on by trained, qualified people. So I agree with James 100% on this one.

let me down james, as thought it was quite obvious .... big bucket of water and problem solved, even better if with a hose pipe!!

when i used to live in flats the bloke downstairs used to always start up a bbq even though every one else had all the windows open due to heat, same thing happened, big bucket of water and bbq no more with a rant of "are you actually capable of working out what happens to the smoke?"

as for your council, see if there are any of those ones from the green party on it and give them a bell ... might even get a by law in.

They should be banned full stop, in fact stick them in the illegal thread!

They are a pollutant, noisy, they disturb animals and birds both wild and domestic. I think humans can quite happily live without them, they hardly a necessity in life. Its about time we started to show some respect for the Earth.

Green Tea - 2/7/2013 11:07

Its about time we started to show some respect for the Earth.

:1:

Would be nice.

Sadly won't happen. Best thing for the planet will be when the human race is run!