Fingers crossed.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fingers crossed....

Absolutely stunning performance by Notts today,Mansfield was never in it and the 1-0 win does not reflect how one sided the game was,that's 7 out 9 points against 3 of the top 4 teams,I honestly never thought that I would be writing that this season,on Tuesday we play Newport County so I'm hoping that you play dirty and take some of their key players out :wahey:

Absolutely stunning performance by Notts today,Mansfield was never in it and the 1-0 win does not reflect how one sided the game was,that's 7 out 9 points against 3 of the top 4 teams,I honestly never thought that I would be writing that this season,on Tuesday we play Newport County so I'm hoping that you play dirty and take some of their key players out :wahey:

I think if they pull their (Newport) tripe out and give it everything, then they may be too tuckered to play you, hopefully a couple of reds and I think reds can be served in league matches then Notts County stand a great chance, but even so you stand a great chance anyway, because most of the results will give the lads a boost.

I post on a Notts forum (not Vital) and it's become very unpleasant and toxic on there,posters taking sides and being abusive towards each other,it's a very sorry state of affairs,Eileen Trew who is the previous owners wife has suddenly reappeared after two years absence to join in as well,the sooner that this season finishes the better,I can't see us avoiding relegation tbh and if we drop them it's going to be unbelievably hard to get back and at least everybody agrees on that
Our fan base is around 7000 which isn't to bad for a league two club with Forest just over the river from us who fans outnumber us at least 4-1 but that will drop to about 3000 should we get relegated
After 40 years of supporting Notts it saddens me to see how the club has become,I've honestly never seen it as bad as this,Chesterfield got relegated last season and they sit in the bottom four of the National League this season so it won't be impossible to drop yet again
We've been in the league for 157 years and are one of the founding members but that doesn't give us a right to remain in it
After supporting Notts since 79 my only dream was to see us in a league above Forest and I can't see that ever happening and of course there's also the chance that both Forest and Mansfield could get promoted,it's going to be a long end to the season indeed
More bad news Mate, somebody must step up and save the club.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...nded-winding-petition-HM-Revenue-Customs.html

Things are very bad now and it's basically all down to if we can find new owners in the next couple of weeks or not but being stuck at the bottom of league two with the prospect of a twelve point reduction possible doesn't make an attractive purchase,Hardy has stated that there is an interest party in buying Notts but then again he's said a lot over the past couple of months

Paragon have gone from a profit making company to one going into administration in two years which coincides to when Hardy bought Notts,it's got to be the worst business decision that he's ever made

This season has been the worst season that I've ever seen supporting Notts over the past 40 years,going from preseason favorites to bottom of the league with a winding up order from HMRC within six months,I've now braced myself for the drop,it's now inevitable and to make matters worse Forest have just had permission granted to increase the capacity of the City Ground,non league football isn't attractive football to kids and Forest will soak them up

There’s not a lot of hope is there CP.
My (now) local club Woking were relegated last season from the National League (and are currently vying with Torquay for the top spot in the National League South). I hear from one of our friends who goes to games that they’ve pretty much kept their faithful fans and they’re enjoying it because they’re winning again.
Not much comfort though, I know.

I think that the offers are genuine but whether they are good offers or not is another thing,I doubt that anything will be announced anytime soon as it's going to take some time to go through the books in detail anyway plus there will be the checks by the FA that the new owners are fit and proper,we don't want another Munto scenario again :shake:

I've already braced myself for life in the National League but I can't get over the irony that after 40 years of supporting Notts I was going to take a back seat and cherry pick my games next season as I wanted to watch some non league football with my mate

God certainly has a funny sense of humour :wagging:

There’s not a lot of hope is there CP.
My (now) local club Woking were relegated last season from the National League (and are currently vying with Torquay for the top spot in the National League South). I hear from one of our friends who goes to games that they’ve pretty much kept their faithful fans and they’re enjoying it because they’re winning again.
Not much comfort though, I know.
I can remember going to Torquays ground with Notts along with Scarbough,Stockport,Orient and the like,if we drop down a league there's no guarantee that we will bounce back up again,we would probably have to move grounds as a 20,000 seater would be ridiculous if we dropped again

I can remember going to Torquays ground with Notts along with Scarbough,Stockport,Orient and the like,if we drop down a league there's no guarantee that we will bounce back up again,we would probably have to move grounds as a 20,000 seater would be ridiculous if we dropped again
I hope it doesn’t come to that, CP. I think you’re right about this all taking time to be resolved though.