Finally | Vital Football

Finally

dazza71

Alert Team
After 16 years of hurt, we have finally done it.

I was lucky enough to be the editor for this site for almost ten-years and for most of it, I reported on some very dull, dark and depressing days being a Leeds fan.

I had the odd exception of the promotion in 2010, as well as memorable away days the same season at Man Utd and Spurs.

Would I actually change much, probably not despite a raft of shocking owners, managers and players who didn't deserve to represent our club. The bad times make you stronger and really appreciate the few good times.

There is a uniqueness about us Leeds fans. I cannot imagine any other fan base in this country continuing with the obsession we have shown with Leeds United through it all. Hundreds of fantastic away days travelling the length of England. Home and away days when I think, 'Why do I bother!' Come the next game, we are all up and raring to go again.

We can now enjoy it for a short while because this club will wake up the sleepy suburban league they call the Premier League. This club will not be sanitised.

Last edited: