Final Squad List 2021/22 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Final Squad List 2021/22

I just don't subscribe to blinkered loyalty and positivity when the indicators don't necessarily encourage positivity.
I would say Gil is a project.
Romero might have some PL adjustments to make so is unknown currently, we thought Ndombele would adjust.
Royal as above, we don't know yet so being positive is just hopeful.
We can base projected positivity on previous signings recently which have been a little underwhelming.
Haha Nick you stick to your down at heart negative miserable philosophy I will stick to mine, no probs mate.

Happy clappy positivity. We didn't sign a striker or AM. We replaced Lamela with Gil who is not ready. Lamela could defend, start attacks, assist and score remember. Gil might end up a better player eventually, I am assessing as of now and how we shape up as of now.

Lamela's overriding theme is he lacked the football intelligence and good decision making to do the right thing at the right time. He had to defend as his poor control gave the ball away in the first place. So what if he started attacks; what matters is how they conclude. Lamela's signature card was running into cul de sacs and giving the ball away. Unparalleled incompetence and a poor football brain. Seventeen goals in his eight years reflect his incapacity to understand and be effective at doing what is required. His time here was an eight-year waste of money, and a poor choice to replace the match-winning quality of Bale. Lamela is no yardstick to be better than Gil already is.