Final game | Vital Football

Final game

Kentbee

Vital Reserves Team
So onto Blackburn at home, our final game. Should be a good game with a lot riding on it.

Quite ambivalent to be honest as to who goes down amongst the three teams involved (glad it's not Burton mind) but I expect the Bees to make every effort to win the game and think we will hence relegating our visitors and getting us a top ten place for the third season in a row, quite an achievement.

Overall it has been a good and entertaining season in what is a great division to be playing in.

Some dodgy parts for sure, but we have ended on a high (again) and in doing so have started to play some fantastic football that is I think gaining quite wide appreciation in the football world.

I hope this is not the last game on Sunday we will see Jota in a Bees shirt but will savour every move he makes in case it is, one of the most talented players I have seen in a Bees shirt.

We are on tele Sunday and I hope we show why people say we can beat any team in this division on our day.
I hope we field a proper team otherwise we will deserve any punishment that comes our way. Forest and Brum had to play our best side available at the time and so should Blackburn. I'd rather see them go down anyway.

Yep last leg of a long haul for us all. Very satisfied with what has ultimately been a good season. We have to keep reminding ourselves how much we have punched above our weight by every measure. That said, and but for the mid term slump & silly points dropped we'd have made the playoffs - and the January outs / additions materially changed our play & results. In short we weren't far away & should be kicking ourselves. I hope we can keep much of this squad & make a few additions. Then who knows? Keeping people & balancing the budgets willl be tricky I fear.

Rovers away was a low point - I was there in the snow & don't want to see us doubled by them. Otherwise I'd wish them well, but we need to finish as well as possible & improve our points on last season. Strongest side please Deano, GP close to sold out soblet's send everyone home happy. Sadly for Blackburn I think our result won't matter as Forest will beat Ipswich.

See you Sunday

Well that it for a few months, now back to rumours & hand wringing as to who we'll lose & who we'll sign.

Despite a terrific 12K attendance it was all a bit flat at GP yesterday. A motivated Rovers did what most powerful pressing sides have done to us & sloppy passing, poor defending & lightweight forward play summed up our flaws. The 3 missing players may have helped as both full backs had a difficult time, and other than Nico we struggled in midfield.

It's been a very decent season & there is real promise going into the summer, but our weaknesses & inability to beat the bottom sides are there for all to see. Some tough calls have to be made & for differing reasons we will move on a few, the aim has to be the strongest 18 man squad possible - everyone able to do a job when asked. Maybe a separate thread on this?

Good to see Macca get a proper send off, great to see we've extended Jota's contract by 12 months & deserved POTY for Harlee despite the red yesterday.

Time for me to recharge, I love following this club around the country but there is a cost, time, financially & relationship wise. A few months off will do me good. Hope all at the club can get some down time too after a job well done.

Have a good summer y'all & let's try to keep this site going.

Not the way we would have liked to have ended the season but an eventful afternoon nonetheless and nice to see a good number stay and applaud the players on their lap of honour.

Sad to see Macca go but can see it is right for the club, great to see his ovation at the end of the game when he did his own lap of honour, think he was quite touched.

Agree about missing Woods and Rico as we lacked tempo and Field looked a bit lost at times. Seemed Sawyers was playing much deeper than usual which I didn't think suite his style of play. Canos had a decent game although silly foul to give away for their first goal. Hopefully not the last we see of Jota.

Time for a break for sure as we await the kick off in August, just hope we can keep this squad together as we have a lot to look forward to if we can.

Won't be the last we see of Jota, he loves it here and will stay for that alone.

As said before, bit flat, after Lord Mayor's show job really. Would love to have gone out on a high and when we pulled one back I thought we might just. Midfield really missed Woods, think we missed Colin too. Agree re Sawyers who has improved lately, but sad to see Mac go. He can be a liability at times with his getting stuck in a bit too much ways, but we needed a bit of bite in midfield now and then and he provided it.
Think we are certainly a striker short, but with Josh and McLeod back, our mid field will be stronger. Hope to see a couple go in the close season, but who would want an expensive bench warmer?