Final Day Match Thread: Happy Relegation Day! | Page 10 | Vital Football

Final Day Match Thread: Happy Relegation Day!

You obviously didn't watch, only a handful were good chances and you can't expect consistently clinical finishing at this level.

Any strikers that good are playing at a much higher level.
Sounds like you didn't watch. Krovinovic should have had two. Yates was unlucky not to get one. Grabban lobbed a couple tamely into the keeper's arms.

You're shifting your ground now. I agree there were no open goal six yards out, but enough shots from within range to get several on target on another day, and score at least two more goals.

I want to see a swift and radical overhaul from Hughton or he has to go. Terrible season with no sign of improvement.

Would like to see Woz, Mckenna and Garner here next season. Not worried about the rest.

Sounds like you didn't watch. Krovinovic should have had two. Yates was unlucky not to get one. Grabban lobbed a couple tamely into the keeper's arms.

You're shifting your ground now. I agree there were no open goal six yards out, but enough shots from within range to get several on target on another day, and score at least two more goals.

OK princess. Unless we had a strike force of Roy and Collymore there is 0 chance that performances like today would normally get us at least 3 goals. You're so divorced from the reality of championship football it's bizarre.

OK princess. Unless we had a strike force of Roy and Collymore there is 0 chance that performances like today would normally get us at least 3 goals. You're so divorced from the reality of championship football it's bizarre.
So you didn't watch.

Without ever looking too bothered, we made several chances in the first half. We also made some good chances in the second half, though Preston improved a lot after half time.

The Grabban of old - of last season, even - would have taken far more chances than he has this year. He'd have done better with the chances he had today.

Taylor did put the ball in the net, but Worrall had (just about) fouled the defender. I still think there's a striker in there somewhere but CH hasn't played Taylor so I presume he'll be on his way.

My point is that with a striker or two who actually do their job (score regular goals) we'd win far more games.

I want to see a swift and radical overhaul from Hughton or he has to go. Terrible season with no sign of improvement.

Would like to see Woz, Mckenna and Garner here next season. Not worried about the rest.
It's likely that only those will be here next seasonbat best

We had 16 shots today, 3 on target.

If our finishing is poor, that doesn't suggest the manager's tactics are wrong - just that we can't put the ball in the net to save our lives.
It says that shit players were given the chances.

First game this season I haven't watched or even listened to. As I was driving I did hear the bloke on Radio Nottingham say we have 27 contracted players next season, so we certainly need to shift a few to be able to bring more players in.

It says that shit players were given the chances.
Maybe it's not so clear cut.

About ten minutes in, Forest had knocked the ball about well and Krovinovic had probably already squandered two chances, but it was all a bit tame. The ball came to Yates 30 yards or so out, and he had a go - it dipped under the bar but went a yard or so wide. If he starts putting those in the top corner, people will start to rate him.

And Krovinovic is hardly a shit player - just not a great finisher.

We had 16 shots today, 3 on target.

If our finishing is poor, that doesn't suggest the manager's tactics are wrong - just that we can't put the ball in the net to save our lives.
Today maybe we created some half chances I didn't watch,but over the majority of his time we've been pitiful with our attacking play. How many games has there been where we've managed 1 or less shots on target must be almost half of them. We must never work on the attacking side to be so weak at it, not like we haven't had decent attacking players they just all seem confused at how to do that job. If the fans are back in next season he won't get such an easy ride playing this sort of football, so many of this seasons performances would have been booed off.

Yep...I would also keep Mbe Soh, Mighten and Lolley.Plus would like to see Johnson and Gabriel playing for us and any other youngster in our ranks who shows energy and is looking to be positive with the ball.

It woz not to be sadly but plenty of consolation prizes. Sheep games back on the menu and yorkshire punished by god for voting tory.

We were shite again.

Evans showed flaws in Worrall. Need more pace, speed of mind as well as over the ground in midfield. Need a natural striker to build attack around. Hope recruitment team has some backing and we sign players that can develop, not has beens.

We're shit now and we'll be shit next season.
We all know that deep down.
/QUOTE]
I always look at the teams to be promoted from div one to get a feel of our chances of being competitive. Looking at Peterborough,for example, compared to our side I would much prefer their attacking options over our squad.Admittedly I prefer our defensive options but it's goals that win matches and could see them easily being above us.A lot of work is required in the transfer window...again!

So you didn't watch.

Without ever looking too bothered, we made several chances in the first half. We also made some good chances in the second half, though Preston improved a lot after half time.

The Grabban of old - of last season, even - would have taken far more chances than he has this year. He'd have done better with the chances he had today.

Taylor did put the ball in the net, but Worrall had (just about) fouled the defender. I still think there's a striker in there somewhere but CH hasn't played Taylor so I presume he'll be on his way.

My point is that with a striker or two who actually do their job (score regular goals) we'd win far more games.

Unlike some I watch every game, to put your ridiculous assertion into context:

When we were promoted with Stan up front and a host of top quality players we scored 74 goals.

When we had PVH and KC up front and were promoted we scored 82 goals.

You think we should score 138 goals on average based on our first half performance alone, breaking the all time record for any league ever.

You're off your nut.

Unlike some I watch every game, to put your ridiculous assertion into context:

When we were promoted with Stan up front and a host of top quality players we scored 74 goals.

When we had PVH and KC up front and were promoted we scored 82 goals.

You think we should score 138 goals on average based on our first half performance alone, breaking the all time record for any league ever.

You're off your nut.

Maybe he is referring to XG :fish: