FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! Wyness takes swipe at Xia | Vital Football

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! Wyness takes swipe at Xia

Well I thought it was interesting :wack:

You're not wrong mate.

I just can't be bothered with Xia, Wyness, yet another false dawn and how close they (and I include the likes of Wyness and Round, who presumably were intricately involved in the transfer dealings) came to bringing us to our knees as a club.

I get the feeling the effects of their disgraceful mismanagement will be felt for some time to come.

I'd be interested if Wyness and Xia decided to settle their difference UFC-style though :lol: :punch:

I will never ever forgive Xia for nearly destroying the club. The sooner he's out the better. A month or so ago I was genuinely worried that in years to come there wouldn't be an Aston Villa to bring my kids (if I ever have any) to watch the sane way my dad brought me and his dad brought him. Now its a great relief that I can get back to worrying about actual football matters.

Wyness and Round must take much of the blame, but I do not know who to blame most. Xia might even have some excuse of a bit less blame, because of ignorance. They were meant to be the men in the know. Xia must also get some brownie points for what by any standards has been a hugely speedily arranged smooth sale and transfer of majority power, yet still wants to be on board when he has lost control. Finally, sorry folks, but SB and even Brian Little do not come out of this with any credit either. Whatever their roles and responsibilities, anyone in senior managerial or advisory positions, they must share some responsibility for our near demise either through ignorance, not speaking up, or going along with it - none of which are acceptable for me. FFP has not gone away either, so we must all await and wonder how this is going to now be addressed with just the January window to sort it, before the three year deadline in March. I trust they have some solution up their sleeves. UTV.

Wyness and Round must take much of the blame, but I do not know who to blame most. Xia might even have some excuse of a bit less blame, because of ignorance. They were meant to be the men in the know. Xia must also get some brownie points for what by any standards has been a hugely speedily arranged smooth sale and transfer of majority power, yet still wants to be on board when he has lost control. Finally, sorry folks, but SB and even Brian Little do not come out of this with any credit either. Whatever their roles and responsibilities, anyone in senior managerial or advisory positions, they must share some responsibility for our near demise either through ignorance, not speaking up, or going along with it - none of which are acceptable for me. FFP has not gone away either, so we must all await and wonder how this is going to now be addressed with just the January window to sort it, before the three year deadline in March. I trust they have some solution up their sleeves. UTV.
The person to blame most is yourself Stenny, because you dared to dream and like most if us, got sacked in to the hype.

None of us will ever know how broken we were when Xia took over, how much good he did, (the Luke shirts were because of him), or how much out of his depth he was.

Think it's time to look forward with serious owners who have significant capital to back up their ambitions. Let's see if their ambitions match ours :wahey:

Don't give a rat's left bollock what happens to Wyness or what he has to say anymore, because he doesn't matter (thank McGrath).

Tongue firmly in cheek on my part Stenny. Call it relief that the Lerner era was over.

Meh! Not interested in the past. The future is worth concentrating on. But in passing I doubt if anybody involved was a real bad guy, even if the situation was dodgy, extremely so. Move on.

Also, don't mention Sir Brian in the same context as this lot. He has and still does work hard for the club, and long may it continue.

Last edited:
We have by the looks of it done what almost every ex premp club in the championship set up has now done, gambled all on getting back into the promised land.
Look at how many clubs are facing embargoes, possible FFP sanctions because of get rich quick owners who pay fortunes on CEOs they think have the know how.
We need to move on.
We still don't know how long these 2 sugar daddies will stay on board if we don't go up in 2 seasons at most.
As another article topic states, the gap between the prem crap teams and quality historical teams is so wide, owners can only see the cash flow rewards, not the football fixture excitement the die hard fans want to see.
The championship is the new get rich quick fad, and we are in the thick of it.

We have by the looks of it done what almost every ex premp club in the championship set up has now done, gambled all on getting back into the promised land.
Look at how many clubs are facing embargoes, possible FFP sanctions because of get rich quick owners who pay fortunes on CEOs they think have the know how.
We need to move on.
We still don't know how long these 2 sugar daddies will stay on board if we don't go up in 2 seasons at most.
As another article topic states, the gap between the prem crap teams and quality historical teams is so wide, owners can only see the cash flow rewards, not the football fixture excitement the die hard fans want to see.
The championship is the new get rich quick fad, and we are in the thick of it.

While some owners may be in it to get rich quick, if they are they are usually disappointed. Most aren't.

If you've made a lot of money, what do you get out of just making more money? You get more out of using the dosh to achieve something. Somehow don't think Sawaris and Edens are looking for yet more money. Running a successful business, yes, but that's different.

Reactions: OVB
Couldn’t disagree with you more there Stenny. It was the fact that Wyness and Round were trying to do the right thing that actually got them sacked, especially Round, who was doing everything he could to source new investment, including from multiple investors here in the US, one of whom eventually became our new co-chairman. They knew from day one that Xia’s idea to get a “minority investor” to put in 30% was a non-starter, so they made that clear and actively sought more realistic investment. Ironically, after both were sacked, a majority investor was exactly what was found...
Xia is, was and always will be a charlatan, and a fake. He lied about his sporting background on the day he bought the club and used excuses and scapegoats when things started going wrong. He marginalized Brian Little and kept Brucie because Bruce had no interest in anything other than managing the team. Hence Xia “thanking him for his loyalty” (ie. He didn’t interfere)

Your telling me you don't believe this guys won't want a quick return on the cash they will unleash?
There is a saying the rich get richer which is so true its frightening.
Look how many ex big clubs in the championship are having so many new owners in such a short time, leeds, forest even blues.
You can't believe it's for the love of the game?
New owners come in with the get to the promise land at all costs quick to double, even treble their cash with out realizing the championship is one of the hardest lge in the world to be successful, then lose shit loads. they realise they are out of their depths.
These guys aren't in it for the love of the clubs.
They want the big cash rewards.

GM I cannot disagree. I am not in a position to know any details beyond what I have read about how the warring parties sought to respond to our funding crisis. My point relates to the failure of all to do whatever required, or at least speak out, to ensure that we did not overspend on a gamble which got us into this mess in the first place. Somehow, gladly, we seem in a much better place now, but FFP still looms its head.

Your telling me you don't believe this guys won't want a quick return on the cash they will unleash?
There is a saying the rich get richer which is so true its frightening.
Look how many ex big clubs in the championship are having so many new owners in such a short time, leeds, forest even blues.
You can't believe it's for the love of the game?
New owners come in with the get to the promise land at all costs quick to double, even treble their cash with out realizing the championship is one of the hardest lge in the world to be successful, then lose shit loads. they realise they are out of their depths.
These guys aren't in it for the love of the clubs.
They want the big cash rewards.

There are a lot more big cash reward they could invest in with their wealth. The difference between us and the blues forest Leeds is that this pair are mega rich, I suspect the whole project is something of a plaything for them

The new owners will build this buiseness and they will see there investment grow. I wonder if the development plan for the ground and area is still a live project? I sincerely hope so. Throwing pots of cash at us in a gun how mismanaged way isn't going to happen thank god.