FIFA Shortlist for POTY | Vital Football

FIFA Shortlist for POTY

Not a surprise. The myth continues. After all, they are European Royalty.

I do find the inclusion of Kane and Hazard questionable. Neither had stellar seasons for their clubs IMO.

The absence of a single City player in the list given the achievements of last season is also worthy of a raised eyebrow. Who would you nominate? I think Raheem Sterling would be in with a shout.

We are being blanked by FIFA and UEFA every which way because of FFP and our fans booing their mish-mash anthem.
I don't expect it to ever change, especially if we come out on top FFP-wise.

We are being blanked by FIFA and UEFA every which way because of FFP and our fans booing their mish-mash anthem.
I don't expect it to ever change, especially if we come put on top FFP-wise.
And I'm glad we won't forget how they've treated us. (y)

In an alternate universe we would be witnessing a media meltdown and Twatter implosion if Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Laporte had been nominated and zero dippers made this list.

As it stands........pretty much a defeating silence which speaks volumes for the local (UK) footballing media and their leanings.

Pep makes his views crystal clear. None of the :censor: media in the audience could accuse him of not getting the concept of irony or sarcasm.....

"Maybe we have to win five or six or get 250 points to be considered next season,

"I don't think there is one player who had a better season than Bernardo Silva last season, even winning [the Nations League] with Portugal.

"These awards are normally when you win the Champions League. We were in the last stages and the other competitions do not count, are not important."

The absence of City players winning the PFA Player of the Year hasn’t escaped his notice either.....

"In eight years, winning four times the Premier League is quite good," added Guardiola. "And never one player - not David [Silva], not Vincent [Kompany], not Yaya [Toure] - won, not even suggested.

"Huge respect for Mohamed Salah, but Kevin de Bryune that season when we made 100 points [in 2017-18] was above and beyond the normal situations.

"I cannot imagine Real Madrid and Barcelona winning four titles and not one single player being there."

Spot on Pep on both counts.

I notice that the unnamed author of this piece fails to find any need to provide “context” for his comments. Probably because the “context” doesn’t stand up to any rational or reasonable scrutiny.:punch: