FFP | Page 31 | Vital Football

FFP

I think what annoys me more just recently is everyone who thinks themselves a celebrity gets to call City cheats, simply because of the number of charges not because we have been convicted of anything but obviously the number of charges must mean we are guilty.

Many fans think there should not be a hearing and simply tell us what City WILL get, not might.

I think what annoys me more just recently is everyone who thinks themselves a celebrity gets to call City cheats, simply because of the number of charges not because we have been convicted of anything but obviously the number of charges must mean we are guilty.

Many fans think there should not be a hearing and simply tell us what City WILL get, not might.
The narrative has been set and solely defined by the number of charges. Given the nature of many of them I firmly believe that this was a deliberate tactic by the PL who wanted to shock everybody and raise the profile of their ‘action’ in dealing with the problem of ‘overspending’.

The club have been convicted in the court of public opinion and the secondary aim of the Hateful Nine has been achieved - reputational damage.

I am also amazed at how there are judgements about ‘fair value’ for commercial deals ……but never any reference to ‘fair value’ in respect of transfers. everyone knew that the rags overpaid for Casemeiro and Antony for example. In one sense these are as much commercial deals as agreeing a shirt sponsor.