FFP News & updates | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

I wouldn’t be at all surprised for this to get raised on Sunday Supplement given that today’s hacks at from the Fail, the S*n and JOE.ie.

The Fail have already run an article on these documents and the rest are almost certainly likely to be looking to find any angle to stick the knife in to keep their rag readership happy.

But what's the point, If they had ended the piece that City and PSG should be punished - who is the one to decide the punishment?

UEFA - but allegedly the Governing body of European football has sanctioned these alleged negotiations and as far as Manchester City are concerned they do not run at a loss.

They would have been better off pointing out those that carry huge debts and why UEFA are not dealing with Clubs to reduce their debts instead of forking out millions more.

I don’t disagree at all Buzz. These type of journos are only concerned with their ‘mission’. One of the main allegations is that Infantino engaged in discussions with Al Mubarak prior to the final outcome of the UEFA investigation. As you & I know, is quite common for sides in ‘adversarial’ positions to enter into discussions to resolve a situation to move things forward.

The fact that these articles were being heavily run by German news sources is a big clue for me. I mean, which German club might possibly have a vested interest in this issue :hmmm:

An excellent article which reminds me just how much of a stitch up it felt at the time.

Also just goes to show how slanted the most recent articles about the leaked documents are reinforcing my point about some of their authors having a particular axe to grind. Any journalist worth their salt and wishing to write a balanced piece would highlight the same matters Colin Savage raises in his comments. Namely that UEFA changed the rules, City were prepared to tie them up in legal knots for years etc.

Neither side wanted this for their own reasons - UEFAa did not want a hihpgh profile challenge to their new “baby” right off the bat & City’s owners would not really want the negative publicity so soon into their tenure at the club. Net result - you talk and negotiate a compromise solution.

The faux indignation which underscores the Der Speigel output clearly is groundless and they are relying on only shallow reading of the material and for everyone to make their minds up based on the bite sized headlines and short internet sized attention spans of the opponents of the new kids in the block.

The BBC finally think catch a whiff of something detrimental to MCFC and join the ‘trash City’ party. Hardly what I would call balanced as they fail to even report the reason why the club declined to comment (as this would highlight the theft by hacking of the documents) and even their wording of the headline plants the idea of deceit in front of the fact that this is a third hand source.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46101803

I think UEFA has more to be worry about with the proposed 'super league' - presumably an attempt to get rid of the CL and more importantly damage the PL (irreparably) by pinching the better clubs and more importantly taking the revenues that the PL currently receives. Apparently there will be no relegation for the 11 or so 'untouchables' - including us. Apparently Tricky Trixi has been in touch with negotiators...

I think UEFA has more to be worry about with the proposed 'super league' - presumably an attempt to get rid of the CL and more importantly damage the PL (irreparably) by pinching the better clubs and more importantly taking the revenues that the PL currently receives. Apparently there will be no relegation for the 11 or so 'untouchables' - including us. Apparently Tricky Trixi has been in touch with negotiators...

I am sure that is just a ploy to get more money from UEFA, because I am sure that if it came to fruition then it certainly would ruin football and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I am sure that is just a ploy to get more money from UEFA, because I am sure that if it came to fruition then it certainly would ruin football and kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Hope you're right, not that we or any of the massive clubs necessarily need any more money but were it to happen it would be a massive knife in the back of the game.

I expect this assault to continue throughout the week as we approach the derby with Der Speigel perhaps turning the faucet full on by the weekend.

It is bound to get raised again at both Guardiola’s and Maureen’s press conferences this week.