FFP News & updates | Page 3 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

And here it is, the next instalment:

FIFA to investigating Man City third party ownership allegations

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46159075

The smear campaign continues as the haters seek another angle to keep the story bubbling along.

The City hierarchy have to seriously take a look at the sources of these stories as it is evolving into a sustained campaign to sully the reputation of the club. The series of drip, drip allegations gradually cements in idea in the weak minded that “there can’t be any smoke without fire”. These days when we rarely go beyond the headline or brief article on th web unless it is a story where we have a deeper interest, all that sticks will be “City must be bad - look at all the headlines”.

Desperate stuff from the bbc as it seeks to conflate this story and improperly link it to the Der Speigel allegations. The two are unrelated but this does not prevent the bbc from slipping the reference to the latter even though the footballing bodies are unconnected with each other.:shake::wagging:

I suggest you read the Daisy Cutter part ll
http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2018/11/defence-manchester-city-ii-der-spiegel/

I also refer you to the fact that these allegations stem from the period when we failed FFP and were punished for the unfair FFP, which was only brought in to protect those Clubs already there at the Top and heavily in debt.

I also believe that if UEFA try to impose a further fine/transfer/Champions League ban then City may have no other option than to refer this to court as a restriction of trade, millions have been spent to the benefit of many Clubs and City have included the community in their project and any punishment may result in loss of jobs if bans were imposed.

We are also not talking about any wrong doing here in terms of criminality but loop hole finding.

As the Writer puts it Manchester United are registered in the Cayman Islands

Last edited:
Has no one considered the possibility that part of the agreement with UEFA in 2014 was that the case was now completely closed, and would not be re-opened under any circumstances?

A Twitter storm this morning/evening following a Talksport programme where a journo called John Dillon inferred that the syndicated interview with David Silva about his family situation was put up by City to deflect the FFP Football Leaks stories this week.

A Twitter storm this morning/evening following a Talksport programme where a journo called John Dillon inferred that the syndicated interview with David Silva about his family situation was put up by City to deflect the FFP Football Leaks stories this week.

I saw that, reprehensible. Saw his backtracking too, pathetic.

Do you know if he has a press pass for the Etihad?

I don't, but he's based in London, so I'd be surprised if he's ever shown his face in the Etihad.
Having said that, James Robson, who used to work for the MEN, is now, according to his Twitter bio, the London Evening Standard Manchester correspondent - so I don't know if he's still up here, or down there.

That's the crux of it all, is there anything new in these leaks that they can act on, although that said I'm also not sure if they can use stolen information to conduct an investigation, although that may be just where the law is concerned and not necessarily UEFA's rules.

This bit is interesting

"UEFA also defended the FFP system, saying it had helped clubs across Europe go from a cumulative debt of £1.5bn in 2011 to more than £500m in profits last year.

"Without question, (FFP) has been a success for the game across Europe," it added."

I wonder how much of that turnaround is attributable to the billions invested into the game by City and PSG's owners.

It’s interesting too, that there’s been nothing from City except for their initial response. I can only assume the lawyers are working flat out and we’ll get to see something soon.

It’s interesting too, that there’s been nothing from City except for their initial response. I can only assume the lawyers are working flat out and we’ll get to see something soon.

Yep, they'll be bevearing away behind the scenes, no doubt. I also suspect City are staying tight lipped for fear of fanning the media flames.

The statement from UEFA has provided them with plenty of latitude & room for manueovre. It seeks to justify FFP whilst protecting itself from the criticism that they were complicit in any 'shady' arrangements. They could be setting us up for a fall here.

"Should new information suggest that previously concluded cases have been abused, those cases may be capable of being re-opened as determined on a case-by-case basis."

Much will depend upon exactly how much they have to admit that they knew.

We have to hope that the club can show that UEFA are culpable or they could hang us out to dry.

Swiss Ramble has always been a fantastic source of solid, impartial data.

Funnily enough the inconvenience of the rats having a higher wage bill never gets mentioned when it comes to the 'ruining football' narrative..... it's always the amount spent on transfers. Unless you are City, when they roll in the bonuses etc into the calculation to inflate the figures.