FFP News & updates | Page 21 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

I have absolutely no idea if this will have any effect on our situation but I hope the more savvy than I on here will be able to.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51262449

I suppose it depends if there's a process of plea bargaining in this case. Angola is a former Portuguese colony, but a quick google showed that this country doesn't have an extradition treaty with them, but does, at present, with EU states.

Whether or not Portugal could apply on behalf of the Angolans, I'm not sure.
Again, a quick google showed that the Angolan constitution doesn't permit the extradition of their nationals from their territory, so it all looks a bit murky.

I suppose it depends if there's a process of plea bargaining in this case. Angola is a former Portuguese colony, but a quick google showed that this country doesn't have an extradition treaty with them, but does, at present, with EU states.

Whether or not Portugal could apply on behalf of the Angolans, I'm not sure.
Again, a quick google showed that the Angolan constitution doesn't permit the extradition of their nationals from their territory, so it all looks a bit murky.
To say the least, Col.

As if we didn’t know........no love lost between City and UEFA

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/ma...ged-leaks-concerning-financial-fair-play-case

CAS say that this is premature because UEFA has not yet pronounced a verdict, however I am sure I have read somewhere that the The New York Times published an article days before UEFA announced the referral decision in May 2019 that investigators were seeking a Champions League ban over the alleged FFP breaches. and in that article The head of the CFCB’s investigatory chamber Yves Leterme was quoted saying he thought that City should be banned, yet he is alleged to have written to the Club saying “I must vehemently reject your allegations of unlawful activities, either by myself or by any of the members of the UEFA CFCB, in particular of its Investigatory Chamber (IC).

“Your allegations are groundless in the merits and unacceptable in tone.

is it the allegations that he has made a press interview or denied saying he had recommended that City be banned from the Champions League or both.

There was an awful lot of media which came out saying that City should be banned and associating those remarks to the IC

We do know that if UEFA do indeed ban City, that they will fight in on these grounds together with other evidence showing no wrong doing.

Leterme should not have made any comment let alone announce that he would prefer to see a ban. That’s like the Attourney General declaring he would like to see a guilty verdict in a High Court trial. It is a measure of his and UEFA’s disingenuous nature that he has the gall to protest when there clearly leaks to the media which generated so many headlines in a short period. Methinks he doth protest too much.

every media has been busy printing what we were objecting too, but the NYT will not in time honoured fashion reveal its source of the leak.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-city-uefa-ffp-investigation-17741120

CAS although dismissing City's appeal as premature, it does side with City regarding the leaks and makes comment on them.

I think UEFA should declare the decision instead of waiting for an opportunity to sensationalise them before the Madrid game.

The eve of the Madrid match is the optimum time I reckon. Just when eyes of the football media return to their prized tournament & publicity will max out.

The reference in the quote from CAS to the "...fifth leak" made me laugh. Fifth leak? And Leterme argues that there is no case to answer? Laughable.