FFP News & updates | Page 20 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

On Arsenal headed notepaper no less.....

Martin Samuels was onto them even way back then (2013).

Fair play? To the Premier League's gang of four, that means a ban on dreamers like Jack Walker

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html

Telling paragraph....

"If clubs like United and Arsenal, with the biggest grounds and revenue streams, can limit spending to percentage of turnover, they will always have the biggest transfer pot and therefore the greatest chance of success. That is why owner investment terrifies them. Forget this guff about the health of the league. If they wanted that, the elite would be advocating some of the wealth redistribution initiatives that exist in American sport."​
An excellent article by MS how true this has turned out to be.

Revealed: the scale of Manchester City’s FFP breaches before 2014 Uefa deal
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...accounting-sponsorships-uefa-champions-league

UEFA will be sitting this week so we should expect a decision, This article simply outlines what we already knew when UEFA shafted us back in 2014 but does go into detail regarding the case where we were punished for failing FFP.

You will note in the article that City have not been happy about the finding all along.

It would appear that the two sides came together and made a deal.
I wonder if pressure on UEFA is now making them back out of it?

My thoughts are they are trotting over old ground and using illegally obtained documents to try and make a case, which would be thrown out of court in my view.

However there may be trouble ahead

I remember somewhere that it was expected that we would be “allowed” to compete in next season’s CL, whatever the outcome.

Revealed: the scale of Manchester City’s FFP breaches before 2014 Uefa deal
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...accounting-sponsorships-uefa-champions-league

UEFA will be sitting this week so we should expect a decision, This article simply outlines what we already knew when UEFA shafted us back in 2014 but does go into detail regarding the case where we were punished for failing FFP.

You will note in the article that City have not been happy about the finding all along.

It would appear that the two sides came together and made a deal.
I wonder if pressure on UEFA is now making them back out of it?

My thoughts are they are trotting over old ground and using illegally obtained documents to try and make a case, which would be thrown out of court in my view.

However there may be trouble ahead

We may well be moving towards the endgame. The long held desire of the European Elite who feel most threatened by our unwanted arrival at their exclusive “members club” may well be fulfilled.

A ban from the CL even for one season could be disastrous given the timing because it would either be during Pep’s Final season or the the first season after his current contract ends. Player recruitment and retention with the prospect of no CL football would be affected along with the selection of whomever is to follow Pep as coach. This is their endgame -coupled with the impact on revenue stream from investors and advertising etc the aim would be to hope the club below the waterline and watch us sink.

A stitch up from the start. As the club says The attempt to damage the club’s reputation is organised and clear.”

I often wonder about David Conn. A confessed City fan I feel he is one of the old guard who would have preferred the “good old days” when we were a badly run shambles bouncing between leagues rather than a competitor at the top table. A fond hankering for Times Past when you could win the league with a squad of 14 players, there were no substitutions allowed, the grounds were awful etc etc. You know, the sort of times when Jamie Pollock was regarded as a good signing.:surrender:

I also think the timing of this article is sus given the events surrounding Saracens and their relegation & sanctioning for salary cap breaches. Painting us with the same tarred brush.

To be fair I'm not there are any circumstances where signing Jamie Pollock is a sign of good times just around the corner.

I cannot pretend to know/understand the details of it but the FFP thang has been hanging over our head for what seems like forever - we're not going to go away, they can only derail us, be really good to get it finally sorted, take whatever UEFA throw at us and then come back and bite them on the arse by winning the CL, although it would be rather lovely to win it this season . . .

To be fair I'm not there are any circumstances where signing Jamie Pollock is a sign of good times just around the corner.

I cannot pretend to know/understand the details of it but the FFP thang has been hanging over our head for what seems like forever - we're not going to go away, they can only derail us, be really good to get it finally sorted, take whatever UEFA throw at us and then come back and bite them on the arse by winning the CL, although it would be rather lovely to win it this season . . .

from what I gather Kenny, all these illegal submissions to 'Der Spiegel' (by a man awaiting trial in Portugal for offences relating to theft) relate to the same FFP offences in 2014 when we agreed a deal with UEFA and were punished although the City owners were not happy with the findings then and I feel it was a way of appeasing those that wanted to stop us interfering with the SKY 4 Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and to some extent Chelsea the latter being accepted because there were four places up for grabs and they could share the spoils between them together with all the best players because they either bullied Clubs for their best players or simply outbid everyone. Sean Wright Phillips being a prime example.

Now they are complaining (those same Clubs plus those from Spain and Italy, because the shift of Power has moved to the Premier League and those Clubs that were getting regular champions League football year in year out are no longer assured of that spot (because City have made it a more competitive League, more exciting, fabulous to watch) and as such find themselves deeper in debt in catch up something they have not experienced before and they want the old way back by throwing City out and going back to the situation where only four Clubs can compete for the top places

My feeling is when I first heard this, is that you can't punish a Club twice for the same offence and that the evidence that they are relying on is illegally obtained and more important City have always strenuously denied and maintained that they have irrefutable evidence should City take the case to court.

CAS said that they could not hear the case which the media made the most of, but in essence that was always going to the case when no ruling had been taken if that ruling is taken against the Club then City will once again take it to CAS.

We await the outcome

It could get messy. At least with Infantino's fingerprints all over the 2014 deal they may be incentivised not to go nuclear.

And of course we are just a few shorts weeks away from the re-start of the UEFA competitions so what better way than to make an announcement just as the next round of fixtures hove into view? You know what they say - no such thing as bad publicity and a juicy bit of controversy over the coming weeks might suit them very nicely.

City replied to the new details, in The Guardian , saying: “The 2014 settlement agreement resolved all open matters between the parties and was based on comprehensive information disclosure. The settlement agreement contains confidentiality provisions that prevent Manchester City from commenting on both the agreement and the investigation that it settled.

“It continues to be our position that we will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials. The attempt to damage the club’s reputation is organised and clear.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-ffp-charges-leaks-17619213

City replied to the new details, in The Guardian , saying: “The 2014 settlement agreement resolved all open matters between the parties and was based on comprehensive information disclosure. The settlement agreement contains confidentiality provisions that prevent Manchester City from commenting on both the agreement and the investigation that it settled.

“It continues to be our position that we will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials. The attempt to damage the club’s reputation is organised and clear.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/man-city-ffp-charges-leaks-17619213
I really don't think they have a clue what they are unleashing with this witch hunt. It seems they are playing a game of chicken, which they will eventually lose. God speed!

It would seem so. They have never really had their authority challenged before and probably aren't sure what to do. Seems to me they would like it all to go away but have had their hand forced by the documents and almost certainly some arm twisting behind closed doors by the likes of Barca, RM, Bayern (& David Gill). Also seems that our owners will be pretty robust in their response. UEFA better be prepared to lawyer up.:guns:

It would seem so. They have never really had their authority challenged before and probably aren't sure what to do. Seems to me they would like it all to go away but have had their hand forced by the documents and almost certainly some arm twisting behind closed doors by the likes of Barca, RM, Bayern (& David Gill). Also seems that our owners will be pretty robust in their response. UEFA better be prepared to lawyer up.:guns:
Shitstorm on the horizon, full steam ahead!

Well. Things should get noisy at the Etihad if, as the article states, UEFA plan to visit City when we entertain the "European Royalty" who are amongst the clubs agitating for us to be thrown out of the competition.

The author is correct - UEFA would, I believe, want the whole thing to disappear but I cannot see them exonerating the club. There has been too much arm twisting by the likes of Tebas and Rummenigge behind closed doors for that to happen.

The emergence of these additional details of the deal which was covered by confidentiality clauses is highly suspicious. It is not in City's interests for this material to be published & so the two questions that this raises are who is responsible and why now?