FFP News & updates | Page 2 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

Not seen anything today, but papers have to be wary of libel, the BBC/Football their headlines are provocative,

BBC headline
Man City and Paris St-Germain 'are cheating and should be punished'

however when you read the article, this is added

according to La Liga following financial conduct allegations.

Part 3 of Details Speigel"s hatchet job on City. The language is clear early on when they reference City 'luring away' Guardiola whilst he was 'still at Bayern'. No vested interest there then esp as the German Rags aren't tearing up any trees this season and are behind Dortmund in the Bundesliga.

It then descends into a critique of City's senior management set up, thinly veiled & snide comments about the role of Khaldoon Al Mubarak and the Sheik only visiting the club once......and behind it all they weave human rights issues into the mix.

The dissection of the hacked emails reveals little that you probably couldn't find in emails between Der Speigel's senior execs which they were presumably exchanging about the use of material stolen from the club. I doubt that would play too well in the public domain either.

We await the revelations in tomorrow's installment of stolen goods.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...ter-3-recruiting-pep-guardiola-a-1236621.html

Der Spiteful would have to prove they obtained this material legally because otherwise it is no more use than an ashtray on a motorbike and I suspect hiding behind protecting their source does not cut it for the Legal Eagles

If La Liga take this to the EU . Then City must take this to court and blow ffp out of the water.

Or UEFA tells La Liga if City do this they will win... let sleeping dogs lie

La Liga consortium smelt CITY are real threat to their Champions league dreams this season.. PL teams supporters are majority viewers of CL. La Liga fools and Bundles Liga fools desperate to keep the CL title by destabilise City morale this season..

The spiegel's author bladder will leak soon for his alleged reports against us..

I could not agree more, but the timing stinks, but I think the British press although commenting on the leaks have basically left this alone for the time being.

That is massively disappointing. I had a lot of time for Matthew Syed but I think he is out of order and somewhat missing the point.....which he fails to address because he a) assumes that everything Der Speigel has published is true b) he does not question the theft of property by whoever the source is or it’s handling by fellow journalists.

My biggest issue with the whole affair is the total absence of any comment about the sudden swerve by UEFA which created the situation in the first place (swiftly followed by the whole validity of ffp which ignores the huge debts of the rags, RM etc)

I haven’t checked, but I wonder if Martin Samuel has published anything yet. He is usually fair and even-handed where City stuff is concerned.

I haven’t checked, but I wonder if Martin Samuel has published anything yet. He is usually fair and even-handed where City stuff is concerned.
It might come up in Sunday supplement, but nothing yet from MS maybe he is waiting for the 4th instalment before commenting

You can trust Samuels to provide a sensible view on matters whilst so many other journos just go for the headlines. Driven by the need to generate click-bait they blithely swallow anything, fail to do any research or are simply unable to avoid their own bias.