FFP News & updates | Page 6 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

To translate what Ceferin said, we have our legal team looking into it now fuck off and leave me alone I'm here on a jolly.

Then they better get on with it, I am sure that it should be easy to investigate something that happened years ago for which we have already been punished

Then they better get on with it, I am sure that it should be easy to investigate something that happened years ago for which we have already been punished

Yep. Just look at the original report. It was dealt with - I can see only two outcomes:- nothing new here (i.e. We already knew, thanks) or Ooops, well we didn't know that so we will have to punish City (at which point City's legal eagles step up I presume)

Well, if we do get banned from European competition next year, so be it, and we can have a clear run in the PL which is all that matters to me.

What do they do if we win it. I think I have seen a stated case for one of the italian teams that was banned and that was over-turned, I shall try and find it.

Italian side AC Milan have had their one-year ban from European football overturned.
CAS(Court of Arbitration for Sport)
It said that the club's financial situation was now better.
Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules were brought in to stop clubs running up debts, and they can be punished if they spend more money than they earn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44897795

I do agree Rising, that should they get the ban and or fine on a case which has already been charged and fined and transfer ban imposed plus a reduction in the Squad for the competition, surely they cannot now go back and say the punishment was not enough. If the Club had been found Not Guilty it might be a different matter, but even so, you cannot try a person twice. I would also suggest that the number of years since this alleged irregularity would have to be taken into consideration and the major factor that City are now self sustaining and do not carry any debt would be in their favour if the AC Milan case is anything to go by.

I also agree that should any ban be upheld, the loss of the competition would benefit city in fighting for domestic titles, but there is the agenda where the FA could jump on the bandwagon and add their little bit aswell.

as Skoorb says on a regular basis, Tin Hat time.

I have no doubt that the moron fans from you know who will be asking for the titles to be taken away and that city be docked a 1000 points and all records scrubbed from the statistics.

Good points, Buzz, and we will await developments with much interest, especially City’s response which, of course, could include legal proceedings. If so, then it could drag on for years.

Under normal circumstances I would say that you cannot be tried for the same offence twice (double jeopardy) especially if UEFA were aware of the situation and agreed the outcome. They have given themselves some wriggle room by saying that they may act if new information comes to light......so the question has to be just how much did they know, when did they know it and can the club prove they knew.

I think they are desperately trying to find a way of getting out of this mess without egg on their face.

Under normal circumstances I would say that you cannot be tried for the same offence twice (double jeopardy) especially if UEFA were aware of the situation and agreed the outcome. They have given themselves some wriggle room by saying that they may act if new information comes to light......so the question has to be just how much did they know, when did they know it and can the club prove they knew.

I think they are desperately trying to find a way of getting out of this mess without egg on their face.

I think it is for the Club to prove anything apart from they can prove that UEFA changed the rules after it was seen that City would pass FFP and the rule changes ensured that City would fail.

In any event surely there would be a statute of limitation?

In any event If they are talking about a new offence irregularity (nb. we have done nothing illegal in terms of breaking the law) then that is a different matter. If we are talking about the same offence then to increase the fine at this late stage I refer to my line above.

I think UEFA knew about the financial juggling but they were desperate to a) show that FFP had teeth and b) did not want their 'baby' being tangled up in legal challenges.

So right now I think they are dancing on a pinhead trying to find a way round avoiding b) once again because City will cite the shifted goal posts of the changed 'toolkit' which caused City to breach, whilst at the same time finding a way of being seen to be doing something and imposing some type of sanction which allow this to blow over.

Watch this space.

From Pep’s press conference no doubt.

The use of quotes from an unnamed ‘senior figure in European football’ is totally bogus IMO as it could be anybody including the manager of a rival club from just outside Manchester who was chipping away about FFP yesterday.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46490230

The BBC - keeping the pot stirring.

It’s interesting that Pep has stated he has been assured we won’t face a ban from European competition. He must have been given permission by Mubarak and Soriano to say those words, so I’m wondering if it is the club’s way of making a statement without saying so themselves, if you see what I mean.

And here you have it laid bare, from the horse’s ar*e......

“Another thing is if they stop, or if the Financial Fair Play makes them stop and then we can close the gap a little bit better. The world is full of suggestions [that City could be banned from the Champions League] and I never know if they are true or not true, and that’s not my job to analyse that."

A loose translation from the drivel delivered by The Moaning One yesterday, this means “they have to be handicapped, it’s the only way we can catch up/stop them”

The final comment......he just had to drop that in.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-man-city-ffp-15519330

Oh and I think the figures mentioned in the article are way off the mark - I do not believe for one minute that the gap between the two club’s in spending is close to £200m. NFW.

The figures on net spend from Transfermarket make the overall gap in net spend much closer. Still an eye watering amount of money.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

Last edited:
Let's hope that what PG has been told/assured by 'senior' figures at the club is true otherwise if he thinks he has been misled/lied to I could see him being off at the end of his contract. On the plus side we are now in the position like Real a few years ago whereby every Summer we only need to make one galactico/marque signing, so regarding FFP 'job done'.

Interesting indeed.

I just love how firstly this is reported in a bland, matter-of-fact manner - none of the sensationalist BS that accompanied their articles on FFP. Also I rather love the irony of how they give the impression that they are undertaking an heroic investigation into this matter. No hint whatsoever that anyone else might be guilty of similar fabrication. Oh no. This guy is a lone wolf. ,:unsure: