FFP News & updates | Page 5 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

I should clarify that my reference to the hypocrisy was in reference to the turning of a blind eye to royal visits or arms sales etc - it wasn't aimed at you Kenny.

In an ideal world I too would have liked Sterling to at least have said "he didn't touch me" (if he knew) and for Gabriel to pass the ball to their keeper........but I fear that my 'soft spot' has been covered over by the scar tissue from the many garbage decisions that we have endured over the past few seasons especially.

I should clarify that my reference to the hypocrisy was in reference to the turning of a blind eye to royal visits or arms sales etc - it wasn't aimed at you Kenny.

In an ideal world I too would have liked Sterling to at least have said "he didn't touch me" (if he knew) and for Gabriel to pass the ball to their keeper........but I fear that my 'soft spot' has been covered over by the scar tissue from the many garbage decisions that we have endured over the past few seasons especially.

if anyone was that honest we would not need any officials or technology -

I was quite hoping that the incident would spark open a debate about honesty in the game but I think people quickly realised that that was a place they didn’t want to go.

I heard a debate between Robbie Savage, Freddie Flintoff and Matthew Syed where Savage was trying to make the point in defence is Sterling but they kept pontificating about the morality of Sterling’s action. Savage kept trying to point out, based on their “moral high ground” arguments, defenders should be admitting to referees when they commit tackles in the penalty area, make zero contact with the ball and foul their opponent then they should also be telling the officials it should be a penalty. Strangely Flintoff and Syed kept dodging that side of the argument.

I think the same occurred in the wider media - criticising Sterling was not justified on sportsmanship grounds due to the plethora of examples elswhere on the pitch where players fail to admit fouls etc. The idea that Sterling could have gained some ground in respect of his ‘image’ is bogus IMO. There may have been a slight bump but you can bet the haters would have found a way of discrediting any positive action he might have taken.

This morning, The Times are carrying a report that we face a one-year transfer ban for breaching rules. It is alleged that City paid six-figure sums to the parents of youngsters. I can’t provide a link as The Times online is subscription only.
This sounds similar to what Chelsea are facing.

Didn't take it that way! - but you're right in that elsewhere hypocrisy is rife, don't get me started on the Saudis...

This morning, The Times are carrying a report that we face a one-year transfer ban for breaching rules. It is alleged that City paid six-figure sums to the parents of youngsters. I can’t provide a link as The Times online is subscription only.

Yep, just read that, doesn't look good at all, possibly even worse for Chelsea with talk of a two year ban. Wasn't sure if the ban was for signing under 18's or signing anyone.

I reiterate that these allegations stem from 'stolen leaks' and remind everyone that the Club thinks there is an 'Agenda'

Here on VMC particularly Skoorb and I have been saying this for some years now.

The Clubs line.
'City has repeatedly stated the "attempt to damage the club’s reputation is organised and clear.”

If you throw enough mud, some of it will stick.

These latest allegations refer to a player who was signed more than 6 years ago, a player who has since left the club in 2016.

I have not read the Chelsea allegations so I am not sure whether these transfers refer to recent times or a decade ago. City's refers to a transfer 6 years ago see above post.

I have found this report

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/manchester-city-facing-one-year-transfer-ban/

Sounds once again like a sustained drip, drip attempt to cause reputational damage. If you really wanted to be serious about this stuff you ought surely to simply hand over the stolen material to the authorities?

An excellent piece of work by Colin Savage who clearly knows what he’s talking about (I think he is an accountant).

We await developments and I am sure City’s lawyers will be working hard.

The rag/Monaco story is now being featured on SSN.
Apparently the rags are making “no comment”.

As you say, refreshingly straightforward, open, unbiased reporting.......

.........which speaks volumes considering that Conn is a long time Manchester City and could have taken an entirely different tack. If only others of whatever shade could be as professional.