FFP News & updates | Page 4 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

Often he is a lone voice of reason amid the tumult of screaming hacks who are unable to their personal alleigences from their professional duty :clap:

The statement from UEFA has provided them with plenty of latitude & room for manueovre. It seeks to justify FFP whilst protecting itself from the criticism that they were complicit in any 'shady' arrangements. They could be setting us up for a fall here.

"Should new information suggest that previously concluded cases have been abused, those cases may be capable of being re-opened as determined on a case-by-case basis."

Much will depend upon exactly how much they have to admit that they knew.

We have to hope that the club can show that UEFA are culpable or they could hang us out to dry.

I would then state a statue of limitation - They have already punished us once and it would be very difficult to punish us again for the same crime( although there is nothing at all criminal in what we were trying to achieve) that option has long gone.

Martin Samuel in the fail today.

Forget Manchester City, the real villain here is a self-serving scam called 'Financial Fair Play'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-serving-scam-called-Financial-Fair-Play.html

Fair play - he apologised claiming the reference to the Silva article was a comment made in haste. Not sure how genuine the apology is though- I think he is just desperate because he has become aware that he over stepped the mark and was out of order.

Turner keeps the pressure on the gas bag though having done his research and presses him on the use of insinuation and inflammatory language by journalists. Dillon’s responses are less than convincing.

Fair play - he apologised claiming the reference to the Silva article was a comment made in haste. Not sure how genuine the apology is though- I think he is just desperate because he has become aware that he over stepped the mark and was out of order.

Turner keeps the pressure on the gas bag though having done his research and presses him on the use of insinuation and inflammatory language by journalists. Dillon’s responses are less than convincing.

I thought that was a really interesting aspect, using different terms instead of 'recycling'.
Again, the bottom line is clicks, instead of using sensible language.

He is on top form and doesn't take any hypocritical, blinkered :poop:

I particularly like this bit "....And even if we look higher up the league to a team like Tottenham, I don’t hold Manchester City responsible for their near misses. Sheik Mansour arrived in 2008 but Tottenham last won the league in 1961, so it wasn’t City’s investment that held them back in those interim 47 years, was it?"

LOL

Are these arguments about whether FFP is fair/unfair or whether City broke it's rules?

Either way oughtn't we all be more concerned re Abu Dhabi human rights records - also Quatar (isn't PG some kind of ambassador for Quatar/World Cup?).

But funny about us holding back Spud's progress...

Are these arguments about whether FFP is fair/unfair or whether City broke it's rules?

Either way oughtn't we all be more concerned re Abu Dhabi human rights records - also Quatar (isn't PG some kind of ambassador for Quatar/World Cup?).

We know City broke the rules Kenny, City were fined and punished in terms of a reduced Champions League Squad, plus a Transfer embargo.

Der Spiteful are trying to allege with stolen information that we have been truthful in not revealing how we tried to avoid FFP punishment, as it happened we failed anyway and as aforementioned we were punished.

Qatar is certainly the owners of PSG, but if you read the article and comments from BD's post, you will get a better idea how FFP is flawed.

It is not for us to decide the rights and wrongs of human rights or in fact the laws of any country outside of our own, where here we get the vote and we should be grateful of that.

I will say that throughout history how did any man get rich? How does a man from a communist country where every man is equal become billionaires? Why is Manchester United registered in the Cayman Islands?

Whilst I am way off topic "Sorry" Was the American invasion of Iraq all about Weapons of mass destruction. Google the Harrowing of the North; Witch Finder General; I could give you thousands of examples of Human rights atrocities.

The bottom line is FFP was introduced to keep the 'status quo' of the footballing elite.

I came across the Headline - Soriano responds to Manchester City and FFP. I thought this will be interesting

"No thank you," he responded. "Thank you, I have no comment."

now that is how to get a hit on your website.

Perhaps we should but the issue I have is it's ok for Lizzy to have tea and crumpets at the palace with Sheikh Kelifa and nobody bats an eyelid.

It's OK for Sheikh Mansour to bail out Barclays Bank and again no one cares. People aren't criticised for continuing to bank with them.

It seems with football different rules apply, we should all feel uncomfortable and take issue with it then for some reason.

Yes. There is a lot of hypocrisy going around.

I would add that whilst we would all like City to be as pure as the driven snow.......I dare say that if you went rummaging around in the internal emails of any large corporate organisation (or government department) I am pretty certain that there would be many things which would not look great under exposure to public scrutiny.

Perhaps we should but the issue I have is it's ok for Lizzy to have tea and crumpets at the palace with Sheikh Kelifa and nobody bats an eyelid.

It's OK for Sheikh Mansour to bail out Barclays Bank and again no one cares. People aren't criticised for continuing to bank with them.

It seems with football different rules apply, we should all feel uncomfortable and take issue with it then for some reason.

Ok! - I cannot abide the monarchy and don't bank with Barclays!

Yes. There is a lot of hypocrisy going around.

I would add that whilst we would all like City to be as pure as the driven snow.......I dare say that if you went rummaging around in the internal emails of any large corporate organisation (or government department) I am pretty certain that there would be many things which would not look great under exposure to public scrutiny.

I guess I want us to be different - not do stuff just because other clubs do it or because it's 'the norm'. I know that fans defend their team to the nth degree, often in blind faith but I'm probably more critical of City than other clubs - I don't expect them to be honourable or decent but I do expect us to be even if it goes against the grain.

Take the Sterling tripping himself as a minor example - he did what probably most if not every other player would have done (ie nothing) but wouldn't it have been lovely if he'd told the ref and then insisted he take the penalty and blasted it over the bar?

As both you and Bluedub suggest, the corruptive power of politics is all pervasive, just be nice if we could rise above it. The fabulous football we watch on the pitch comes at a price off it.

And I'm not grabbing the 'moral high ground' as has been suggested by one person on here, just want to be proud of my club.