FFP News & updates | Page 12 | Vital Football

FFP News & updates

It would be fabulous if the FFP rules were scrapped as it would mean we could just buy whoever we liked and not worry about having to justify it in the accounts.

On a (slightly) separate theme the Academy could be developed into a sort of finishing school where other clubs could enrol their players to be coached and developed before being returned to their parent clubs at say 18. For a fee they would pay a proportion of that clubs value at time of graduation.

Chelsea's appeal hearing has been set for 11 April.
It will be interesting to see the outcome and if the transfer ban goes ahead, whether or not Chelsea go to CAS.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...eas-fifa-transfer-ban-appeal-hearing-date-set

Both Chelsea and our case may be completely different in circumstances and will have no bearing on whether Chelsea are exonerated or otherwise.

I cannot remember when it was in the media that Chelsea were being investigated, so that means it must have been some time ago and you would by assumption say that City's case if there is one to answer will be some time off yet.

Although like you, I hope they are successful and that would be a good

I think you mean, that they have not learned their lesson, but if they appeal and get away with it for a second offence, then FFP is dead in the water, you would think
Still no news out of Chelsea.
What I'm particularly interested in is, if they lose their appeal, will they go to CAS.

Still no news out of Chelsea.
What I'm particularly interested in is, if they lose their appeal, will they go to CAS.

It depends on the judgement, You cannot appeal because you want to, you must have some grounds to appeal or a reason why you think the judgement is wrong eg the sentence does not fit the crime.

Their grievance is that, in all other cases, clubs have been able to continue recruiting whilst their appeals In Chelsea's case, there was not, hence their appeal.
I think they have good grounds to go to CAS and it states that they have the right to do so.

forgot to say that judgement may not be for a few weeks after deliberations and all that goes with it.
I've been checking a few Chelsea forums and nobody knows what's going on.
The whole system stinks of smoke and mirrors. It's so cloaked in secrecy and mystery it simply cannot be kosher.

I've been checking a few Chelsea forums and nobody knows what's going on.
The whole system stinks of smoke and mirrors. It's so cloaked in secrecy and mystery it simply cannot be kosher.

deliberations take ages and with any luck Chelsea may be able to deal early in the window before any embargo

That didn't take long did it?

Atypical response of the British media - can't really stomach anyone neinf successful other than the ones who sell the most newspapers or get the most clicks so kick the sh*t out of them because all the dippers and rags will approve.

They have met my low expectations 100%

A statement from a spokesperson from City:

'Manchester City FC is fully cooperating in good faith with the CFCB IC's ongoing investigation.

'In doing so the club is reliant on both the CFCB IC's independence and commitment to due process; and on UEFA's commitment of the 7th of March that it '….will make no further comment on the matter while the investigation is ongoing'.

'The New York Times report citing 'people familiar with the case' is therefore extremely concerning.

'The implications are that either Manchester City's good faith in the CFCB IC is misplaced or the CFCB IC process is being misrepresented by individuals intent on damaging the club's reputation and its commercial interests. Or both.

'Manchester City's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

'The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false, and comprehensive proof of this fact has been provided to the CFCB IC.'