Fernando Llorente | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fernando Llorente

We have to think of the worst also. Kane getting injured again. Llorente is better cover than Janssen or Son as a loan striker.

Can he do job for us? - we will see, he is quality, but very slow and we probably don't really have the players to whip in crosses for him to demonstarte his arial prowess.

He is, at least, better than having no additional striker though, nd we aren't going to suffer the brinksmanship of only having one stiker in the squad who if injured totlly screws us.

What I like about it is that it is further evidence against the perceived 'wisdom' parroted by those who support how ENIC run things, that Levy ONLY buys players who are young and have a re-sale value - Sissoko last year, this guy this year.

Llorente won't last playing every minute every week the way we play. That is wishful thinking. He is an impact sub player at best. 33 next year. He has been out injured for the last 75 days as well. So will take him a while to get match fit and sharp.

He is a good player. He has his uses. He is very experienced and has won trophies all over the world.

Trippier, Davies, Eriksen will have a field day with him. Just think all them corners and free kicks we have and never score, that should change now. I get the signing but that really doesn't change the fact we needed a different type of player as well.

He can hold the ball up and bring midfielders in to play. Plus we can play kane as a number 10 if we wanted in some games. Gives us good options.

Looking at Aurier it seems he is a very strong dribbler and crosser of the ball.
Trippier is certainly a more capable crosser of the ball tham Walker ever was.

Eriksen can put decent dead balls in as well so he will get his fair share of chances when he plays.

I think we'll only see him late in games. We've clearly had no options from the bench to change things. When we need a goal and teams are hanging on he'll panic defences.

Taricco the yid - 31/8/2017 21:25

He can hold the ball up and bring midfielders in to play. Plus we can play kane as a number 10 if we wanted in some games. Gives us good options.

Alli, Eriksen, Kane, Llorente is so slow and one dimensional, it really isn't going to work at Wembley.

Through N'Kou in the mix for some pace and a player that can actually go past players might help. He won't get a look in though.

Is this deal happening or just one of Levy' deadline day couldn't get it over the line in time lies?

As a mentor for Kane (which he has never had), and as a totally different attacking dimension, being a more classic no. 9, this looks like good business.

I am gutted. He is hardly prolific he had 1 good season that was last season. He is average and not a world class striker needed to push harry. We needed someone with pace to change things up a bit. Not another slow striker who cannot run behind the opposition defence.

I am going to wait and see on Llorente. This window is better than I expected. No net spend though. All financed from outages. Typical Levy tight arse.

I think he'll do well, we've needed an option for games where it's just not happening for years. Should've signed him when Swansea did.

I think by not cashing in on Janssen signals that he'll get chances this season in the cups and from the bench. It's make or break for him now, time to step up he's got no excuses he's hardly young or inexperienced.