Fernando Llorente | Vital Football

Fernando Llorente

pjones40

Vital Football Hero
Are you f**King kidding me. He does not fit into the Tottenham style. He has know pace and is not really prolific. He is a 15 minute sub at best. There is better and younger out there if you are willing to pay.

He scored 15 goals in 33 games for a bottom of the table side. I'm not really over the moon with this but somewhat optimistic.

But now what happens to Janssen is the million dollar question.

KLX - 31/8/2017 14:10

He scored 15 goals in 33 games for a bottom of the table side. I'm not really over the moon with this but somewhat optimistic.

Why does anything have to happen to Janssen. He is a work in progress.

80deg16minW - 31/8/2017 14:45

I really hope we loan him for the season to WBA but I think we are going to see him leave on a permanent and his sale is going to part-fund another signing. Janssen wants to play regular this season and get into the Dutch World Cup squad, he won't be content with being third choice.

Happy with llorente tbh. He is that striker you need when your 1-1 with the like of burnley and you need to pump balls in to the box.

He has winning experience and an old head. Just what we need.

He scores in direct play. I know that is not our style but we need different options especially whilst at Wembley.
Sometimes you have to go ugly and direct especially in cup competitions.
Just having a poacher up front to receive a cross or a tap in is what is needed. Just ask Harry about that night against Man City to get us Champions League.
We play some stunning stuff at times but we may at times want 2 up front fpr the last 15 mins or in extra time.

If it is not silly money it could be quite astute.

80deg16minW - 31/8/2017 14:45

Janssen can't get a game as it is. I seriously doubt he will settle for a spot behind incoming Llorente

Llorente would be fantastic. 6'4" scores from headers, quick feet, sense for the ball and goal, and a winner of trophies. Whether Janssen leaves, no idea but Llorente would give us a dimension we lack. Unusual if true, he's not our age profile but could be a mentor and as said above, if we get the Llorente of last season he can add some points to our total.

I'm undecided on this but he is a proven scorer and it might work with our chance creation rate of late. Not expensive either.

It's not exciting but I think we could have done with him over the last two years as an option to put two upfront when we're pinning the opposition back. He's also another player who's won things and a has always seemed to be a good professional.

pjones40 - 31/8/2017 13:54

Are you f**King kidding me. He does not fit into the Tottenham style. He has know pace and is not really prolific. He is a 15 minute sub at best. There is better and younger out there if you are willing to pay.[/QUOTE

Exactly WILLING to pay and levy isn't.

Good signing. Hopefully will push Kane and give us a bit of experience. We seem to be lacking in that.

Are you f**King kidding me. He does not fit into the Tottenham style. He has know pace and is not really prolific. He is a 15 minute sub at best. There is better and younger out there if you are willing to pay.

Very odd signing if it happens, as you say, he hardly seems a Poch like player.

I wouldn't worry though, if the signing does happen I doubt Poch would give him a grand total of 30 mins game time this season lol.

Big Chiv - 31/8/2017 18:40

Very odd signing if it happens, as you say, he hardly seems a Poch like player.

I wouldn't worry though, if the signing does happen I doubt Poch would give him a grand total of 30 mins game time this season lol.

'15 min sub at best' that's all he's going to be anyway, Janssen needs to play in WC year.

I think he's a decent player and at the moment he's better than Janssen but I do still think Janssen has a lot of potential and I really hope we don't sell him permanently, send him on loan to a Prem club where he starts and I bet he scores goals!