Fernando Henrique | Vital Football

Fernando Henrique

Not convinced by him at all! He can pass, no doubt and his dribbling ability is good but he's so relaxed and most of the footage of him is for the youth team where he's got so much time on the ball....I've read he's actually quite good under pressure because his dribbling ability gets him out of danger but I think he'd be very easy to stop playing. Seen nothing of his defensive abilities and if we're expecting him to sit deep in our midfield and snuff out the danger when teams try and counter attack us.....I want someone who can defend really well and cover the pitch well. I don't think that's him!

Not convinced by him at all! He can pass, no doubt and his dribbling ability is good but he's so relaxed and most of the footage of him is for the youth team where he's got so much time on the ball....I've read he's actually quite good under pressure because his dribbling ability gets him out of danger but I think he'd be very easy to stop playing. Seen nothing of his defensive abilities and if we're expecting him to sit deep in our midfield and snuff out the danger when teams try and counter attack us.....I want someone who can defend really well and cover the pitch well. I don't think that's him!
Did you see the video on YouTube about him? And I know a video on there can make anyone look good but from what I have seen he breaks up play well and my god can he strike a ball!

Yeah I've watched the video but read differing opinions on what his stats show about his defensive ability. His range of passing is really good but balls in behind.....in domestic games how often do teams leave spaces like that for us to knock balls into? I just think that if I were the opposition I'd tell one of my players that every time he gets the ball, just pressure him and don't let up. Most of the footage shows him strolling about in the middle of the pitch with the opposition just sitting off letting him do whatever he wants and only put pressure on when he crosses the halfway line. We've seen before, with Rangers even that CalMac can be taken out of a game for us because they get someone to just constantly mark him so he can't pick up the ball and even if you try and give it to him he can't go anywhere with it because the player is right on top of him straight away. I just think the exact same thing would happen with him.

£3.2m is a lot of money to be spending on someone with so little first team experience too.

Yeah I've watched the video but read differing opinions on what his stats show about his defensive ability. His range of passing is really good but balls in behind.....in domestic games how often do teams leave spaces like that for us to knock balls into? I just think that if I were the opposition I'd tell one of my players that every time he gets the ball, just pressure him and don't let up. Most of the footage shows him strolling about in the middle of the pitch with the opposition just sitting off letting him do whatever he wants and only put pressure on when he crosses the halfway line. We've seen before, with Rangers even that CalMac can be taken out of a game for us because they get someone to just constantly mark him so he can't pick up the ball and even if you try and give it to him he can't go anywhere with it because the player is right on top of him straight away. I just think the exact same thing would happen with him.

£3.2m is a lot of money to be spending on someone with so little first team experience too.
Good point but mind we spent over £3m on some dross over the years. Somehow I think this guy might have it

Oh we certainly have bought some dross but not often over the £3m mark. We went through a period of spending £2m-2.5m on players who just never became anything....Bangura and Balde both come to mind immediately!
I'd really like to see someone like Henrique but yet to be convinced he's the right choice. Hopefully I'm wrong and if we sign him he absolutely smashes it and steps up.

Latest Celtic News