Feeling at home. | Vital Football

Feeling at home.

nitram77

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just to make the new board a little more homely,
Lunch. 6 inch 9 grain honey wheat with spicy Italian.

Roast pork and apple sauce roll, satay stick, chicken tikka samosa, Kettle chips Smoky BBQ and carrot sticks.

Teg64 - 19/6/2016 17:14

Fish and chips in Folkestone, not half a nice as the ones at Herne Bay.

I used to post on the old sight many moons ago but stopped for reasons I can't even remember. This latest exodus, after the Guv proved beyond doubt that a University degree in no way is a reflection of intelligence, has got me back into posting. This thread, including the Fish 'n Chips references, got me thinking about decent Chippies in the south.

My personal favourite is Linton Fish Bar. Excellent Haddock and a huge portion. Other than that I guess you have to go to Yorkshire, unless you know different.

Staying true to this thread, my lunch today was grilled octopus and fried squid, overlooking the deep blue Ionian.

PS: The spellchecker on this site is set to American English. Can it be re-set to proper English, or would such a statement be seen as racist :71:

Ossies in Faversham is definitely a nice one.

I used to love the one in Wainscott on the corner owned by a chinese family - was it called the Golden Fish Bar. When I used to live in Strood that used to be a regular of mine, and was much better than the one on Frindsbury Hill (terrible), and the one on Bryant Road. That was about 15 years ago now so it could well have been sold on / gone down hill but back 15 years ago it was top notch. Used to love getting scraps from there.

I have to give an honourable mention to Gordon Road Fish and Chips in Gillingham, which is definitely alright for a battered sausage and chips before a game if you didn't have time for lunch/dinner before you get to the ground.

AB, the Chinese family still own the one at Wainscott, it's still the best in the area.