Feeder Clubs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Feeder Clubs

i wonder why we have mccartan, mensah, wharton, slocombe, gordon, coombes... no-one from a prem club... is it by choice? or is it financial?

having tried jmd, and ginnelly - i wonder how much better any premier league 19 year olds would be?

i wonder why we have mccartan, mensah, wharton, slocombe, gordon, coombes... no-one from a prem club... is it by choice? or is it financial?

There's not a massive amount of Premier League loanees in our division. FGR and Swindon have a couple I think but any proper quality end up in the Championship meaning those teams will loan out to our division.

Also as you say can an 18/19 year old do it in league 2?? Different kind of football than the Premier league would expect

I do wonder if geography also plays a part with us as parent clubs want to keep a close eye on youngsters. Leicester would be our closest one I suppose. Possibly also shows that Bournemouth were always going to release Allsop last season when we had him here

Maybe better funding for the lower teams would enable more lower league clubs to foster there own youth policy on a more equal scale. Will never happen though. But fair play to the clubs who do bring there own youth through the system

Also as you say can an 18/19 year old do it in league 2?? Different kind of football than the Premier league would expect

Chelsea u23 almost did it against us last year... I'm thinking that team would have held its own in our division.

having tried jmd, and ginnelly - i wonder how much better any premier league 19 year olds would be?
There was an article the other week about the finance and clauses of loaning PL players, which I'm yet to read but saved for when I get a chance.

Will link it when I find it.

A lot of it is based on whom you are mates with. So the deadly duo are mates with Neil Harris. Leading to advice from Harris on some of the recent players. Such as allsop toffolo ect.
My tip is that Elliot is surplus at Millwall. If he’s available he’d be a near perfect rhead like replacement. Then it’s up to the player.

I always suspect that Premier League youngsters loaned out to League Two are the ones those clubs are trying to find permanent homes for. On that basis, would you want one?

Chelsea u23 almost did it against us last year... I'm thinking that team would have held its own in our division.

That Chelsea side was not representative of the standard academy system, though - it contained a number of players they had paid very large fees for. I seem to remember Danny saying their team was worth £35 million. Having said that, I thought Chelsea were poor - we should have been four up by half time.

A lot of it is based on whom you are mates with. So the deadly duo are mates with Neil Harris. Leading to advice from Harris on some of the recent players. Such as allsop toffolo ect.
My tip is that Elliot is surplus at Millwall. If he’s available he’d be a near perfect rhead like replacement. Then it’s up to the player.

Funny you say that. I always sign him in FM.

That Chelsea side was not representative of the standard academy system, though - it contained a number of players they had paid very large fees for. I seem to remember Danny saying their team was worth £35 million. Having said that, I thought Chelsea were poor - we should have been four up by half time.

So it was representative of the top tier of academies, which get good money spent on them.

I vaguely recollect around the time of the Mick Harford transfer, the Imps were considering being a feeder club to Newcastle. It came to nought of course.

I always suspect that Premier League youngsters loaned out to League Two are the ones those clubs are trying to find permanent homes for. On that basis, would you want one?

After seeing O'Hara today ( on loan from Man U to Macc) some are worth investing in

After seeing O'Hara today ( on loan from Man U to Macc) some are worth investing in

This is kind of the point really. As well as he did today - and he kept the score down - he has only slightly more chance of making Manchester United's first team as you or I do.

So what's the point of him even being under contract at Manchester United?

Yeovil have 2 of Southampton's youngsters. One scored today.

Do those two teams have some sort of link? I know a youth team keeper who has been with the Southampton academy but then moved to Yeovil as well.
Both south coast? Clubs tend to loan to others in the area. (Us with Boston, Gainsborough, Lincoln Utd etc.)