Fear Conquers All. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fear Conquers All.

Books arrived, I shall be reading it from Sunday as I relax at the Headland Hotel in Newquay. ✌️

Well done J looks like it goings well fair play to ya no good me buying it though it would take me a year to read it.Used to read all the time but unfortunately since I suffered PTSD I have the concentration of a gold fish can't even read long posts on here without getting half way and forgetting what I've read so if I see a long post now I don't even bother that's how bad it is.The only upside to that is I don't read a lot of Mike Fields post now.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oi!

I think you'd love it, having known me years, and would be surprised how fast you'd read it.

If not, just buy the bloody thing anyway and use it as a doorstop.

:grinning:
HAHA not that disrespectful will sort something out when I'm back home but it does actually frustrate me now when I'm unable to read a book now as I was a very avid reader years ago.

HAHA not that disrespectful will sort something out when I'm back home but it does actually frustrate me now when I'm unable to read a book now as I was a very avid reader years ago.

Readers wives and playboy in the bog doesn't count as avid reading Andy

Thanks BBJ, lovely review

BBJ, Dublin

5.0 out of 5 starsEach Life That Touches Ours For Good
18 August 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
I must declare an interest here. Jonathan Fear and I are friends, having known each other for over ten years. It started because of our mutual attachment to Aston Villa. But then I came to realise that here was a multi-faceted person, wise beyond his years and with a disposition to be kind and considerate towards others.
I thought I knew him reasonably well and was aware that he'd had "health issues".
Health issues!!?!
This man has endured enough suffering for a dozen lifetimes.
So this book gives us a fuller (though I suspect, incomplete) picture of the life and times of Jonathan Fear. It is a very personal account. It has a great sense of authenticity. It is deceptively easy to read. There is no self-pity. Any emotion is reserved not for his own situation but for those he cares for most in the world.
Considering the seriousness of parts of the story, it is regularly whimsical and hilarious. Jonathan takes life seriously - he, more than most people, realises what a precious gift it is - but he refuses to extend that to himself. And, although I suspect he might disagree with me, he comes across as having quite spiritual depths.
All in all, it's very inspirational and I came away with "a nice taste in my mouth" at a good life still being very well lived.
It's well worth buying for yourself - and in a few months time, a few copies for stocking fillers would be an excellent idea!

Really enjoying the book so far. I hadn't heard the phrase, leg him since I was a lad in Erdington. ?

Really enjoying the book so far. I hadn't heard the phrase, leg him since I was a lad in Erdington. ?

Great to hear you are enjoying 68, I have to say I'm so chuffed (and I have said it a few times already I know) how it is being received. I have opened myself up here obviously, and you never fully know what people will make of such things!

Thing is mate reading someone else's journey brings memories back of different parts of someone else's life at different times for different reasons, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.