FC Fylde | Vital Football

FC Fylde

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Great to get our first win out of the way on Saturday but I reckon Fylde will be really tough. If we can beat them I think there will be a reason to believe. Fylde are a well organized team with a decent defence and a lot of pace. Pools sometimes freeze at home under the weight of expectation, I just hope that doesn't happen on Tuesday cos if it does there will only be one winner.

At this point I would settle for a draw.
Having seen the highlights from Saturdays game, I feel sure that Fylde will be presented with a chance or two, and would anticipate they won't miss them!

I'll still be there tomorrow, in my usual location, hoping for a positive outcome.

Winnig 2-0 with ten minutes to go then it all goes pear shaped. I was starting to believe. Now I believe we are not quite good enough. I know its early days but its obvious we are leaking goals right left and centre.

Certainly a disappointing result, even after Fylde had equalised Pools had opportunities from deadball situations to go on and get the win.
Pools tactics were strange as we surrendered the midfield from the outset and tried to hit Fylde on the break - this was working because we limited their opportunities. However, the knock sustained by Cunningham and with Noble and Donaldson running out of steam the defence came under too much pressure.

Still, I'd have been happy with a point before kickoff, just have to get that win on Saturday!

Yesterday seems to show Tuesday’s result up for what it was. Woking, granted in a rich vein of form currently, went to Fylde and hit them for four. We go two up, sit back, invite pressure, inevitably fold and relinquish two points.....sound familiar?

Woking and us: momentum carrying them forward while we fail to shake off a three season long hangover.
:red: