Fawaz | Vital Football

Fawaz

I think the actual outcome is that Marianakis was suing Fawaz for the fact that F said the debt was £6.6m and M found out it was £10m, so M wanted the £3.4m from F to cover the difference. F had the correct agreements in place to protect his position and therefore M has had his case thrown out. 1-0 to Fawaz.

There is another case due as well. This one seems to be F suing M.

I had my legal whizz mate who happens to be a Ram (one of the good ones) explain it to me in plain English, and I still barely understood it.

Is that what its saying? I thought we were the claimants and this is regarding a misrepresentation in the accounts of liabilities by 3 half million?

Is that what its saying? I thought we were the claimants and this is regarding a misrepresentation in the accounts of liabilities by 3 half million?

Yes, we were the claimants over the misrep and lost, despite the fact it was basically a misrep.

The contract included what’s known as an “Entire agreement clause” - these don’t always work but when worded appropriately have the effect of excluding anything that was said between the parties other than what is explicitly in the contract. The court here has found that the clause is effective therefore M cannot pursue the claim against F for the difference between the claimed debt and the actual debt.

Yes, we were the claimants over the misrep and lost, despite the fact it was basically a misrep.

The contract included what’s known as an “Entire agreement clause” - these don’t always work but when worded appropriately have the effect of excluding anything that was said between the parties other than what is explicitly in the contract. The court here has found that the clause is effective therefore M cannot pursue the claim against F for the difference between the claimed debt and the actual debt.
Fawaz must have had his crack team of lawyers on the case that day!:rofl:

I think EM knew this was a long shot at recovering the debt and that he had been screwed by Fawaz. Worth a try. Don't think he will be buying another football club from him.