Favourite Norwich Goals | Page 3 | Vital Football

Favourite Norwich Goals

Great stuff Tucks ... I love reading stories like that and how we feel at matches !

I went to Luton with Northern after we were relegated from the top league (1995) and it was the first game of the season . We won 3-1 with a towering header from John Newsome and a cracker of a goal from Neil Adams . A lot of fans were wearing ‘On Loan To Division One ‘ tee shirts . Not a good idea as it prove to be 9 long years before we went up again . It was a fabulous atmosphere in the away end with flags streamers and thousands of balloons which the Luton stewards started to pop , so we chanted ‘ just because you’re losing ‘ at them ! Happy days and a great day out !

It was live on Anglia tv.
I have been there a few times and recall the song ' sing up the beach huts ' to the few fans in that crappy stand to length of pitch.

Number 7 for me now.

Going back to 1985. Terrible goal but so many memories. Not all good.

Was living in London and going through a bad patch but this was a great day out with friends and family.
Before days of pubs opening all day so the London Branch of NCFC Supporters club included Landlord of Water Rats pub on Grays Inn Road who had a 10.00 am lock in. My family came down for day from Norfolk to meet me for the game but afterwards just me and a fellow London based Bungay boy went for a few beers in his flat and then I went home to see game again on VHS tape.

I was still living with a girl I had split up with together with 2 others and things were so bad she turned off my timer recording so when I got back to Wimbledon to watch the game there was no recording.
I was so pi**ed off within a week or 2, I had bought my first property, a 2 bedroom flat in Morden for £ 33,500 so it all ended well.
My Dad had taped the game and posted me a copy.

Great story DG ! It’s not just the goal but memories of a whole day as well that make them favourites .
I managed to get just one ticket for the Milk Cup Final so went on my own from Yorkshire .As I got near to Wembley in my car I was not sure where to go so followed a car with some of our fans in it and parked behind them . When the driver got out I actually knew him as we went to college together in Great Yarmouth , and also they had tickets in exactly the same part of the ground as me , so was able to share the day with them !

Fav goal no 6 and here we are back in the 2009/10 season when myself and Northern went to so many games . This one is Swindon away when so many of our fans went we had nearly half the ground ! For these Southern games I used to drive from Huddersfield to Northerns house on the Herefordshire borders on the Friday night then go on to Swindon the next day , then stay over at Northerns Saturday and drive back home to Yorkshire on Sunday evening ! It was tiring but worth all the effort as we took League One by storm ! Here is Holty headed goal at Swindon with me shouting ‘ Go on Wes ‘ , with Northern filmIng and me screaming as usual !!

Great work Northern. Its about being there and you were :clap::clap:
If I remember correctly this was a rescheduled game as on original Saturday, Walsall's attempt to defrost pitch with braziers did not work and you and YB saw Wes getting onto team coach with a Farm foods carrier bag ?

Yes that’s right DG, me and YB went to the original one which was called off, ridiculously after all the Norwich fans were already in the stadium! They had braziers all over the pitch like something out of a Sunday league game.

In terms of being a rocket, this was special💥

I think this is the most amazing goal I’ve seen live. Simply for the actual shot itself. It was so powerful that when it left his foot the ball seemed to disappear to me, the goal keeper looked to be in slow motion, then I just saw the ball bounce on the floor in the net. Hit with incredible power and accuracy. How stupid AN was to sell him when we got promoted.

Fave goal no.7 and it’s back to that great time myself and Northern had in League One . The week before this goal we had travelled to Charlton to see us clinch promotion and had travelled the 200 miles s to Norwich the following week to see if we could win and be crowned Champions . Michael Nelson obliged ! We were sat with DG and brother for this one and I can hear DG shouting ! The idiot shouting and screaming is me ! Filmed as ever by Northern !!