Favourite Forest games | Vital Football

Favourite Forest games

London Road, Peterborough, 30th April 1994.
Stanley Victor Collymore secures promotion with a last minute, thundertwat.

Magic.

Last edited:
We'd just got promoted under BC. We beat Ipswich 4-0 (they were a team full of internationals), Withe scoring all four, and only Paul Cooper in goal for them kept the score down to single figures.

Around the same time we annihilated West Ham 5-0 in the League Cup - the first step on the road to winning it twice and losing at Wembley when we should have made it a hat trick.

I don't think either game was televised, so I'm glad I was there.

London Road, Peterborough, 30th April 1994.
Stanley Victor Collymore secures promotion with a last minute, thundertwat.

Magic.
100%. Me and my mate were the only twats in the Peterborough end that day. Forest had 3 sides of the ground, people on the floodlights. My mate, Lee Glover (remember him?) got us into the shit hole Peterborough players lounge after game. Good times. 2-0 down, Pyscho diving header, Collymore x 2

7-1 Wednesday
Countless games against Spurs
4-0 at Meadow Lane putting the sadpies back in their little box
5-1 Vs Leicester
5-2 Vs the sheep
2-1 at Old Trafford
3-2 Vs Southampton in the ZDS final
7-3 Vs Dirty Leeds
Beating Lyon but that game in general was dreadful
Yeovil was nerve wracking & shit but also good
4-0 Boro

The cov away game where we held in to a draw after playing gods knows how long with 9 men always sticks n my mind, the year anyone ??

The cov away game where we held in to a draw after playing gods knows how long with 9 men always sticks n my mind, the year anyone ??
2001, probably September I think.

Stern John was sent off- I think Louis-Jean may have been the other.

Lee Hughes was up front for them.

Felt like we'd won something at the end

so many games were memorable back in the good old days. The 7 1 thrashing at sheff wed stands out for me, was my first time at thier ground and we were just unreal, psycho scored, think Colly n Roy too, was one of the best performances id ever seen from us

1967 FA cup quarter final vs Everton. 3-2.
Yes that's got to be one of THE best for excitement, most thought we were done for when Everton took lead, but we fought back evetually win 3-2, I was at that one The other that stands out for me though was the 1959 FA Cup final 2 up down to ten men & hung on for the 2-1 win, wasn't at that one but one of first games I watched on TV, the rest of family took interest in Forest, but my dad was a Stags fan and grandad a Notts County fan, but it was that match that convinced me it was Forest for me.

Yes that's got to be one of THE best for excitement, most thought we were done for when Everton took lead, but we fought back evetually win 3-2, I was at that one The other that stands out for me though was the 1959 FA Cup final 2 up down to ten men & hung on for the 2-1 win, wasn't at that one but one of first games I watched on TV, the rest of family took interest in Forest, but my dad was a Stags fan and grandad a Notts County fan, but it was that match that convinced me it was Forest for me.

I wondered you'd be the first to mention 1959 and the FA Cup, thought I'd be the only one. Should have known. At that time I was living on the South Coast, not long married, new house and short of cash but managed to scrape enough to get to Wembley and use the ticket that my young brother had managed to get for me. Luckily he was friends with the Forest secretary at the time. It was an event never to be forgotten, I kept the program and entry stub for a while until they disappeared, Always thought my brother had pinched them but wasn't game to check.

Never had another day like it.

3-1 under Billy against WBA and the 5-5 against Villa which was just bizzare and probably never see anything like it again.