Favourite films... | Vital Football

Favourite films...

Get Carter. It is so gritty, quirky and the Newcastle/surrounding areas where it was filmed are breathtakingly atmospheric to that era; they leap out of the screen. It's left field in so many ways which make it a stand out for me. I don't know if it's one of those urban myths again but I read somewhere that the original book was set against the background of a fictional Cleethorpes gang world.

Got to be Alien as well. Great film. Also love Aliens, and getting to say "game over man, game over!"

I really like Prometheus too but I know a lot of people thought it was crap.

Favourite worst film is Troll 2. It's absolutely appallingly bad, so bad they later made a documentary about it called Best Worst Movie.

I generally like most sci fi films so it would be really difficult to choose one from that genre for me so I will look at non sci fi.

I that case I would have to go for The Shawshank Redemption which is a fantastic film and the performances of Morgan Freeman and Timothy Robbins are outstanding.

I would also like to nominate a recent film which although some people will pick holes in ( because that seems to be the modern way)I thought was one of the best films I have seen and that was 1917 because it was very thought provoking and shot in an unusual way which just really worked.

Glory - a long film but a good one

I like most film based on real events. Things like "Mississippi Burning" fascinate me.