Favourite ever "guilty pleasure" player | Page 3 | Vital Football

Favourite ever "guilty pleasure" player

Miller was very disrespectful to the club when he went out on loan somewhere. Can’t recall the exact quotes, but it was something along the lines of never wanting to go back to that place - ie Gills.

I always felt that he was a big time Charlie type, yes he could be quite creative at times, but other times looked non league in ability.

There is a really interesting interview with Stimson on the gillsfancast podcast. He talks about the bad attitude that some of the league players had, not wanting to do extra training like the non league players did.

Stimsons various non league roles after leaving the Gills make interesting listening as well. I can't remember the club but he and the players were owed weeks and weeks of wages. He confronted the chairmen who said he would go to the bank to withdraw it , he left Stimson with his (the chairmens) wife. After an hour they looked at each other and said "he's not coming back is he".

Miller may or may not have been treated fairly by the Gills and that have resulted in his tainted view when he left. We will never know.

There is a really interesting interview with Stimson on the gillsfancast podcast. He talks about the bad attitude that some of the league players had, not wanting to do extra training like the non league players did.
Way behind, but I listened to the Stimson interview today. Thanks for the tip.

The most interesting thing he said, for me, was straight after the play off final win at Wembley he got on the bus and realised that the team were still sitting in their "League" and "Non-league" groups. A year and a half after most of the signings that's pretty terrible.