Faversham friendly | Vital Football

Faversham friendly

madrid_gill

Vital 1st Team Regular
Currently 2-1 up, Oldaker and Wilkinson with the goals.

Starting lineup: Hadler, Chapman, Tucker, Zakuani, Ogilvie, Stevenson, Rees, Oldaker, Nasseri, List, Wilkinson

List’s was a penalty. Faversham should have had another- hit the underside of bar and ball bounced a foot over the line before spinning out, but ref didn’t give it.

List’s was a penalty. Faversham should have had another- hit the underside of bar and ball bounced a foot over the line before spinning out, but ref didn’t give it.
I couldn’t believe that - it looked like it hit the crossbar, hit the post and landed in Hadler’s hands all in the blink of an eye.

In my eyes Rees and Oldaker disappointed me, despite the well-taken goal by the latter. Tucker looked a bit nervy. Chapman as a fullback? I had him down as a holding midfielder.

How close are the youngsters to the first team Trev? I watched Welling away last week and they all seemed a bit wet behind the ears, with Chapman and Stevenson looking the most likely?

I really cannot see why we kept Nasseri on if we have no intention of playing him, how did he get on last night?

I couldn’t believe that - it looked like it hit the crossbar, hit the post and landed in Hadler’s hands all in the blink of an eye.

In my eyes Rees and Oldaker disappointed me, despite the well-taken goal by the latter. Tucker looked a bit nervy. Chapman as a fullback? I had him down as a holding midfielder.
Yes I think it hit the bar then down and span up onto the post and away but it was so fast.
All the Faversham fans (kids and teenagers) behind the goal were screaming it was in, but not given. Perhaps their just desserts after they were caught throwing coins at Tom Hadler during the 2nd half and also a drinks bottle towards him after the final whistle.

I thought Nasseri did quite well, a good run on the counter attack which led to Oldaker’s goal- i didn’t realise he was that quick. List was so fast he was ahead of his teammates so no end product.
I thought Stevenson stood out in 2nd half with driving runs from midfield.

Would any of them get a first team game under you? Is there anyone there who you think won't make the step up?

Stevenson definitely has something about him, he seems to have that head on him. Otherwise the players seemed a bit anonymous or otherwise played a bit nervy.

Would any of them get a first team game under you? Is there anyone there who you think won't make the step up?
Very difficult to answer that given the standard of opposition. List, Wilkinson, Zak obviously all first team players already.
Nasseri looked bright enough to maybe be given a chance from the bench in some games, I don’t think he’d be any worse than some who have been playing in the team. Stevenson the same.

Head? Does that suggest that I am right, and the games I have watched him come on as substitute mean that his legs don't want to work? As far as I am concerned, Tom Eaves gives the opposition defenders problems when the ball may be in our own box. Stephenson doesn't seem to grasp this principle and will only try and work when he has received the ball.
Could somebody please tell SL my thoughts, because he has changed his opinion in the past when I gave him shit at a training session!