Fatigue ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Fatigue ?

If goosegogs = gooseberries, Morrisons usually do a gooseberry fool (creamy thing). There are a few pick-your-own fruit farms that have gooseberry bushes too... I've bought plenty in the last couple of years.

What was this thread about again?

Goosegogs, absolutely wonderful things. Last commercially available product I saw with them was a thick creamy yoghurt/mousse in Aldi, and sadly I haven't seen that for a while.

Time they made a comeback. Perhaps we could import some from China.

Can't stand them.
My dad always grew them but yuk, I hated being made to eat them.

If goosegogs = gooseberries, Morrisons usually do a gooseberry fool (creamy thing). There are a few pick-your-own fruit farms that have gooseberry bushes too... I've bought plenty in the last couple of years.

What was this thread about again?
Haway with the football. It's time for classic out of favour fruits to be in focus. Bring on the brambles, red currants, goosegogs and rhubarb I say.

Rhubarb and gooseberries can both be found in my garden, as can raspberries.
Nothing finer than a rhubarb crumble. Raspberries get eaten as I walk round the back for water to put on my tomato plants. Tomato gets eaten after I've foolishly eaten a whole chilli whilst applying the water!

Feels like we are running on fumes and will be lucky to finish in the playoffs. Maybe I'm overreacting and need to sleep on it. I can't help but think back to the Donny game, when we played so well but lost, and wonder if that knocked the wind out of our sails. We've not played well since.

Feels like we are running on fumes and will be lucky to finish in the playoffs. Maybe I'm overreacting and need to sleep on it. I can't help but think back to the Donny game, when we played so well but lost, and wonder if that knocked the wind out of our sails. We've not played well since.

I thought both sides were both running on empty, but when you get up in the morning we will still be 2nd 11 points ahead of 7th, 4 ahead of 3rd having played 2 games fewer and 6 points ahead of the next side having played the same No of games. It could be a hell of a lot worse.

I can't help but think back to the Donny game, when we played so well but lost, and wonder if that knocked the wind out of our sails. We've not played well since.

Said that to my old man as well. Even though we beat Gillingham 3 0 we were no where near our best and have steadily got worse game by game since then!

I can't see us going up automatically with our injuries and thin squad. I would be pretty gutted of we didn't make the play offs though. Still lots of games to go though.

All teams now showing signs of fatigue. There have been what appears more than the usual number of goals across the EFL that have come from sloppy tired mistakes.

Interesting to note Jorge Grant has already made 3 more appearances this season than he did the whole of last. Tom Hopper's played probably 10 more than last season.
James Jones and Adam Jackson have already played more than last season.
Edun, Eyoma, Johnson, Scully, Monstma playing their first full seasons .
This lack of long season experience may be having some effect.

Interesting to note Jorge Grant has already made 3 more appearances this season than he did the whole of last. Tom Hopper's played probably 10 more than last season.
James Jones and Adam Jackson have already played more than last season.
Edun, Eyoma, Johnson, Scully, Monstma playing their first full seasons .
This lack of long season experience may be having some effect.

Last season ended on 7th March, though, so every footballer is playing more this season than last.

Having praised them for their fitness, the ability to score late goals and not concede them, why are they more tired than those of other teams now?

I'm not going with that excuse, it shouldn't have been brought up by the manager, I think it's one of his few errors of judgement.

There's only Grant and Eyoma who've played a lot of matches, Grant having appeared in every one, albeit sub a few times in the EFL Trophy.