Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead | Vital Football

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

Just watched it in channel five ( it is available on catch up)

Just shows your body can heal itself and that drugs can be dispensed with (or we force drugs on our bodies via the poor western modern diet that shouldn't be needed)

If only education was better and more people realised they are literally poisoning themselves.

Obviously if people are educated and then make the choice to eat themselves to death, that is fair enough. But it is a shame it is done in ignorance (and obesity is increasing, it is the modern epidemic )

Get lost wobble bottom!!!

Nah, it was interesting to see (again) how people can turn their lives around. Two guys, both with what appeared a 'man made' disease cured by taking things into their own hands, changing their diet and eventually coming off all medication and not having the flair ups.

We have so much control of our bodies and yet so many don't realise and abuse. IF that is a choice, I have no issue, but a lot just don't realise and aren't educated.

Was talking to my mates ex the other day five year ago she was diagnosed with is it COPD the lung disease anyway it was at an early stage but five year on she never stopped smoking and been told that she may only have 12 months left there's just no helping some people.

badge73 - 11/7/2013 11:03

people cant be fat ... hence why the need for food banks lol

That's cos they have eaten all the food and there is none left for the skinny 1's :14:

Was an interesting show on BBC one tonight on food poverty and what budgets some people have.

One pensioner, after rent etc, had £2.15 a day to feed himself. He wasn't drinking/smoking etc.

Disgrace really

I know only too well J as you know what i'm expected to survive on is an absolute disgrace having worked for the best part of 32 year.At least for me there is a light at the end of the tunnel but often wonder if it had been my fault and nothing to come I dread to think what I would do.

And the unhealthy muck they were eating, not fun or funny at all.

Priorities in the western world are all wrong

The problem over many decades is home economics as it was called when I was at school hasn't been taught has a mandated lesson.

That is apparently finally going to change from next year I believe. I can even remember my ex deceased Mother In Law saying to me in the 80's she was glad my ex hand met a woman who knew how to cook properly, as even back then women/men were getting out of the habit of cooking.

Mom bought me up in the kitchen with her showing and engaging me in cooking baking and the art of. Plus it was gifted into me by my Grandma as it is my original profession.

All my youngsters too were taught to cook properly. It is such an important art and 1 that every living person needs to beable to do. It is fine to use quick meals for an odd occasion but not for everyday use.

I can remember Mom's at school waiting for their kids with sweets and I would have fruit with me for mine. They used to say I can't afford fruit. I would ask them how much the sweets cost which was always more than fruit. They didn't get it cos they didn't want too.

Sweets were a treat for mine once a week. Then they only got decent chocolate. I wouldn't buy them the cheap penny tosh. Call me cruel however I didn't want my youngsters teeth rotting with rubbish.

My eldest still hasn't any fillings today. My Daughter 1 a few years ago the same as the other 2.

It's not rocket science how to take care of yourself and your youngsters

I've just watched it. Cheers Fear, inspiring stuff. I'm currently negotiating with the Mrs to give it a shot. Now I just need a juicer and some fruit and vegetables.

I'm self taught cookery wise. I learned the old fashion way - I was living away from home and no idea really. I mean could do beans on toast and maybe even go all gourmet and flash and melt cheese on the toast and stick a fried egg on top (ruined a few toasters before I realised I had to put the toast under the grill when I put the cheese on). So I experimented with different things and learnt what tasted ok and what landed me in hospital having my stomach pumped or spending several hours shouting for hughey in the bathroom. I always maintained that a mistake was always worth making twice just to make sure the first time it really was a mistake. I started watching daytime cookery programmes like Can't Cook Won't Cook, Ready Steady Kill Ainsley Harriot With A Machete etc for ideas. I learnt about not boiling vegetables to the point where the water in the pan tasted better than the veg that was in it. I learnt about adding sauces (and not just tomato ketchup or brown sauce) to foods as they cooked and taste testing as well. Even now I'll happily sit and watch a cookery programme or flick through a cookery book for meal ideas. I enjoy getting in the kitchen and getting all creative and culinery especially if I've got some cracking music to listen to whilst I'm busy in the kitchen. (Nobody spins and twirls with a big cleaver whilst dad dancing to Iron Maiden or Kiss like I do). I like to use things like a splosh of brandy or whiskey when I'm cooking pork chops or braising steaks just to give the meat a lift taste wise (but I don't pour half the rest of the bottle down my throat like Keith Floyd did). We don't have a massive budget for food but we ensure that we use fresh veg and have fresh fruit in the house. Healthy food doesn't have to be boring food.

Too right Starchild. Markets and shopping around mean you can do it on a budget too and food is never boring. It is only has boring as you want to make it

Well ive shed a load since the weather has heated up, my appetite is not there and i am fitting into shorts and trackie bottoms i weard a while back before my tummy popped out a wee bit, and my stomach has flattend wow i look like brad pit now!!!

ClivetheVillan - 12/7/2013 21:58

Well ive shed a load since the weather has heated up, my appetite is not there and i am fitting into shorts and trackie bottoms i weard a while back before my tummy popped out a wee bit, and my stomach has flattend wow i look like brad pit now!!!

OMG we have Brad on VV. How is Angelina Brad? Haha